Crystal Castles - Amnesty (I) and General CC Chat Lounge

Zu

User
Well yes it's absolutely NOT the same without Alice (née Margaret :D) and I was all ready to disown nasty old Ethan (né Claudio :D) and refuse to buy any more Crystal Castles records, but I saw CC Mark II at Rough Trade East this evening and I'm more or less sold. Better to have them in another incarnation than not at all. Amanda (or whatever her name is) is very much Margaret Lite but fuck it. The album's good as well, particularly this one :disco:

Last edited by a moderator:
This album is really good to listen to when I feel evil. I loved their first album but kind of lost interest after that bar a couple of 11/10 tracks on the second one but this latest one has brought me back.

Ooo but what about 'Plague' and the fun day out on the U-Bahn? 'Affection' and 'Sad Eyes' on CC III were fabulous (oh there I go again) as well

I miss the Ethan and Alice line-up terribly, despite what I pretended to feel in the first post and even if she was treated horribly by him for the duration. NO ART WITHOUT PAIN LOVE!

I might get to the third one eventually it's just that their music doesn't really seem to bring much new to the table with any of the follow ups.

I honestly don't care who is shouting on these songs, doesn't make much of a difference for me. I mean if I didn't know she left the band I probably wouldn't even have noticed while listening to Amnesty. Please don't cut me for this.

01 Courtship Dating - Absolutely my favorite from CC.
02 Baptism - I think I had an actual orgasm when I heard this for the first time.
03 Year of Silence - When that bass comes in stronger and harder after the music drops out for a bit.
04 Air War
05 Fleece
06 Char
07 Magic Spells
08 Concrete
09 Through the Hosiery
10 Trash Hologram

The SCREAMS on 'Courtship Dating' are particularly :disco:, not to mention "How do I feel for thee?"

On 'Suffocation' it's all (well, apart from Alice looking utterly cunted in the video in her lovely black hat or whatever you want to call it) about the absolutely horrifying "You’re waiting for something, you’ve waited in vain because there’s nothing for you" :(

LO AND BEHOLD CRYSTAL CASTLES PROMO SPONSORED BY @Kate Inc.

My top 10 remains the same as previously and this remains EVERYTHING AND FUCKING MORE

You’ve waited for something you’ve waited in vain ‘cause there’s nothing for you :disco::(:disco: (Yes I know I’ve been here before but STILL!)

Never has human mess and blatant drug addiction looked and sounded so utterly compelling. BEST BAND EVER! (After Coil and Modern Talking obviously :disco:)

I must dig deep into their discography but I’ve not heard anything YET top Alice Practice, what a fucking BANGER, fun fact: I once got punched in the FACE to it at a Crystal Castles gig in Glasgow, no regrets!

Last edited:
I must dig deep into their discography but I’ve not heard anything YET top Alice Practice, what a fucking BANGER, fun fact : I once got punched in the FACE to it at a Crystal Castles gig in Glasgow, no regrets!

:D:disco: Oh you MUST investigate more!

I love this comment from the Celestica video youtube:

“‎Celestica is actually the name of the company in our home town that produces plastic, someone who worked there committed suicide by jumping into a large container of boiling liquid plastic and the workers couldn’t stop the machine so the body melted and became part of the stream of liquid plastic which they use to create products with.” - From Ethan.

:disco:

Nothing like Alice Glass solemnly wandering around Abney Park Cemetery either :disco: Imagine stumble across THAT on a mid-afternoon walk

Last edited:
I never realised that it was filmed in Abney Park! (It’s not like I’m not familiar with it, having spent many relaxing afternoons there playing Cock Hunt :disco:)

God this thread has THROWN ME in a Crystal Castles tailspin. I haven't listened to them since Alice's statement in 2017 (?) and I'd totally forgotten just how goo they were.
I still have reservations about listening to their music TBH, as there is just SO MUCH DARKNESS surrounding both Alice and Ethan.

My Top 10 is basically EXACTLY the same as Zu Klara's (whatever happened to HER? :eyes:) but with Air War, Kerosene and Vietnam added too.

There's an absolute WORMHOLE of Crystal Castles revelations to fall into if you have the time and inclination.
There's a pretty good summary here :

Ethan married an ALICE GLASS COSPLAYER -

That Tumblr is dedicated to exposing Ethan and his historical abuse, and is frequently quite HORRIFYING.

Alice's SISTER has also chimed in, and said that her new relationship with a guy from HEALTH called Jupiter is even more unhealthy than the one she had with Ethan, and that he controls every aspect of her life. :bruised::eyes:

Reactions: Zu
LO AND BEHOLD CRYSTAL CASTLES PROMO SPONSORED BY @Kate Inc.

My top 10 remains the same as previously and this remains EVERYTHING AND FUCKING MORE

You’ve waited for something you’ve waited in vain ‘cause there’s nothing for you :disco::(:disco: (Yes I know I’ve been here before but STILL!)

Never has human mess and blatant drug addiction looked and sounded so utterly compelling. BEST BAND EVER! (After Coil and Modern Talking obviously :disco:)

I swear Alice looks MORE CUNTED every time I watch this (:D)

I’m going to guess she was sliding into a k-hole but hadn’t QUITE GOT THERE YET, washed down with a selection of other GLASSY-EYED mood boosters :eyes:

• Love
Reactions: Zu
What happened to CC eventually, did they do a sugababes and replace ALL original members, I’m CONFUSED.

I see that AU VYST (:D née SALLY MIGGINS no doubt) wisely did a runner last year

qvkceu9v5g361.jpg

One would hope that EDITH has followed suit and got herself a nice little job at the Dairy Queen

Remember when Ethan tried to claim Alice Glass contributed NOTHING to Crystal Castles :D

tumblr_inline_oyg6sdEO9w1uv8ajt_540.png

Although that said she's absent from a lot of their most popular songs on Spotify :shock: but who ever said the general public have taste ANYWAY!

The notion of 'Leni' being one of their "best known songs". I don't even KNOW HER!

I’m sure everyone flocked to their first gigs to see ETHAN twiddling with his KNOBS :eyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom