Cyberpunk 2077

KindaCool

Footsteps are following me
So I got THIS in the mail today :D

SHAKING
AND
CRYING

de4cf51dee3493203442e7597650caae-full.jpg

And my favorite is this suitcase thing that contained the game, map, soundtrack, keychains, badges etc

8cf403e6a782e9616dca86127142bead-full.jpg

Anyone else planning on playing this? There's so much in this game, I'd love to hear everyone's experiences.

I think I said this in the other thread yesterday, but this really does look like someone took all the bits of AAA games that are resolutely NOT FOR ME and threw them all together in one package :D

I never buy games on release day, I’ll wait till they fix it and complete it and then play it in a year maybe.

I am definitely waiting for the PS5 version. there's no way I am playing it on the base PS4 after seeing some of the footage

there's still loads of quality to get for the PS4 anyway!

it seems they're headed for a No Man's Sky scale shitstorm with how it's performing on last gen consoles :eyes:

which is totally justified thinking about what has been able for developers to bring to the PS4. RDR2, Last of Us 2, Ghost of Tsushima, Death Stranding...

I was almost going to get this on PS4 thinking “ok it’s not next gen but at least it’ll look like The Last of Us Part 2” but that’s not even the case either :D

Weird it looks so shit when the PS5 wasn’t even a thing when it was supposed to be released.

it's embarrassing. they must've abandoned PS4 whenever development on the PS5 system became available? either that or it's a rubbish port from the pc version

it seems to be running better on PS5. a console which practically no one has :D except noted scalper @COB who's more interested in catching cheepoofs and rootles

that didn't even happen to No Man's Sky and they had it bad enough

PENIS 2 SIZED FLOP

Reactions: GNL
Not really surprising that a game that was produced under incredible pressure and appalling working conditions has ended up being a BUGGY MESS.

you could also keep it and wait until they iron out the issues, but there seem to be so many that it might take a while...

Apparently they're still planning to support the game with updates on PlayStation, but if the issues have been so severe that this has happened I can't imagine it'll be much fun to play.

I am waiting for the PS5 version. according to the PC reviews it is a good to great game so I wouldn't risk marring it with a rough start

you could also keep it and wait until they iron out the issues, but there seem to be so many that it might take a while...

By the time they manage to patch the PS4 version (if they even bother to do it well), it will be dirt cheap anyway.

:D

why did they choose Keanu Reeves anyway? I know there's huge fanboy hard-on appeal (so I guess that's why) but he is probably the most wooden actor in the universe...

Think I'll keep it. He won't be getting a PS5 anytime soon and he's waited so long for it to eventually be released so he can wait a bit longer for bugfixes. It isn't like he's got nothing else to play in the meantime.

The thing is... it's not that unusual for people working on big projects to put in a lot of overtime before launch.

I don't know specifically about game developers but i do wonder a bit how much it's really different to the rest of the world.

I mean it must suck to be a developer who worked their asses off on this to have it released incomplete. And on top of that the working conditions are known to be awful.

The thing is... it's not that unusual for people working on big projects to put in a lot of overtime before launch.

I don't know specifically about game developers but i do wonder a bit how much it's really different to the rest of the world.

I think it’s something that’s coming up more and more in the gaming industry. Just google video game crunch and you’ll see a lot of articles about how developers are working 100 hours a week and the mental breakdowns occurring.

Reactions: COB
I think it’s something that’s coming up more and more in the gaming industry. Just google video game crunch and you’ll see a lot of articles about how developers are working 100 hours a week and the mental breakdowns occurring.

I've read up on the crunch stuff before. But again, I'm not seeing it as necessarily particularly unique to gaming, it's just more high profile.

My sister in law has just had the last week off sick, stress related, for delivering projects at a power station.

I've read up on the crunch stuff before. But again, I'm not seeing it as necessarily particularly unique to gaming, it's just more high profile.

My sister in law has just had the last week off sick, stress related, for delivering projects at a power station.

No job is worth ANYONE's health, even a doctor, let alone a game developer, there are literally thousands of games you could play instead. Just because some people are willing to do crunch doesn't mean it's right or that it should be allowed or legitimised. And I don't think the answer to people denouncing it is "oh it's bad IN ALL SORTS OF JOBS". Well how about we strive for better working conditions for EVERYONE?

The gaming industry is notoriously bad when it comes to these things because it's a relatively new industry, with a BIG percentage of young employees who go into the sector out of PURE PASSION and are therefore a lot more vulnerable to exploitation ("isn't this what you always wanted to do?"). To say nothing of the amount of NEURODIVERGENT people who work in areas like coding, animation and design for which overworking is a coping mechanism that will eventually manifest itself in burnout, stress and depression. Crucially, they are not unionised so they don't have the power to negotiate better conditions unless at an individual level.

I've worked in TV for many years and it's an industry with LONG HOURS and OVERTIME, but it's not +12 hours a day 7 days a week for over a year like the reports about CDPR claim, because the amount of people calling BECTU would stop it in a heartbeat. The management at CDPR had to send an email apologising to the spouses of their employees for them not having been around for a sustained period of time. I mean, what the hell kind of modern slavery is this shit?

Reactions: COB

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom