Cyprus 2022: Andromachi - Ela

I really wish it was all in Greek, I don't think the English verses do her voice any favours and the lyrics are quite rubbish.

But on the whole this is lovely indeed.

I really, really like this. However I don't think it's going to do particularly well :D

I do think it's one we are going to REFLECT on in a decade's time, and will quietly end up a bit of a fan fave as the years roll by.

Last edited:
Predictably I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE this now. I haven't looked a lyrics translation, but it sounds so mournful to my ears.

It's very catchy too, it keeps getting stuck in my head. Albeit the sort of catchy that creeps up on you a few days after hearing it, so perhaps not quite correct for the Eurovision context.

I love that she's from the bay along from our very own @Queen of the Bay too <3

so perhaps not quite correct for the Eurovision context
Agreed. I find it a little confusing cause am not sure what the songwriters' intentions were here. It's not exactly suited for either the local market or the contest, but it's still cohesive with her repertoire. It kind of feels like a compromise of everything. But it's slowly crawling its way up the local Spotify chart, while Amanda is dropping.

I have high hopes the performance staging is going to elevate this to a contender for the top 10.

OMG so we can still get the Cypriot banger we've been missing this year? :disco:

Either PANIK have panicked or have seen an opportunity to banger this up.

Oh NO! The majority of the revamps have been awful this year, leave one alone for god’s sake.

It's the only one not on the Eurovision official YouTube channel (last week when putting the playlists together at least), so could be something to that.

She was interviewed by a local morning show now, she says that the thing that was worrying her the most was whether she'll get good audio feedback in her earpiece but it turned out that it was great.

Btw i was watching a tv special from ERT the other day where Amanda was meeting past contestants and Evridiki shared an earpiece story. She said that Comme ci comme ca didn't have an intro so she was meant to start singing right away, so in the rehearsals the production was giving her two piano notes in her earpiece to help her start the song at the correct tone. On the actual night of the semi the crowd was too loud so she missed those two piano notes and had to start anyways feeling unsure if she's really in the correct tone.

Feels like it'd be a bit like throwing the baby out with the bathwater. Just cos it didn't work once doesn't mean it hasn't been for the better for Cyprus overall having it!

Some local gossip.
On the 16th of May, the cypriot designer of Andromache's dress for the turquoise carpet gave an interview saying that he wants the dress back (for his archive and to remember the event) which was presented in the press with the title "I'll take back the dress from her!". This must have caused a little mess cause he tried to fix it yesterday by saying "I never said that I'll take back the dress from her, all I said was that designers who haven't been paid for their work, are usually returned their dresses afterwards, she can keep it to remember her participation, because it was my gift to the cypriot delegation". :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom