Dame Diana Rigg DEAD

I loved her as Emma Peel.

Game of Thrones - I don't know her.

Oh no, in her honour I’ve chosen to react as the Queen of Thornes herself would.

tumblr_mkygfg8nN61qhfadgo3_250.gif

Apparently she's currently on TV in a reboot of All Creatures Great and Small. She had a proper career revival in recent years, although I suspect she was always working, whether on screen or not.

She was absolutely STUNNING back in the day.
I think she was the ALL-TIME most beautiful Bond girl to be honest - she looked sensational in that film

some fun/cunty trivia from said film: apparently she did not hit it off with George Lazenby and allegedly had impromptu champagne parties with the director, on set, while Lazenby would be denied entry from the room :D

Like I probably said when Patrick Macnee and Honor Blackman died I was obsessed with the Avengers repeats back in the 1990s. But it was Mrs Peel that I loved the most. I had a picture of her on my wall, which I'm sure I must have somewhere.

Last edited:
Reactions: COB
I had no idea the sassy old lady in Game of Thrones was Emma Peel :disco:

Apparently she's currently on TV in a reboot of All Creatures Great and Small. She had a proper career revival in recent years, although I suspect she was always working, whether on screen or not.

Yes, I caught Mr L watching it only last night. He only watched it because of her. He'll be quite upset.

Awww, she was supposedly the best thing about the disastrous A Little Night Music adaptation

Possibly my favourite memory of her (never having been particularly into The Avengers or GoT at all) is picking a condom out of her hair in Extras.

Yes, I’m quite surprised she is only 82.

Disappointingly I can't find any full episodes of the Avengers on YouTube :(

Aw, I loved her - Avengers repeats were a staple of my childhood, and the Mrs Peel years were definitely my favourite. Of course seeing her late TV career renaissance playing a foul-mouthed old cunt on GoT was fabulous, but I'll never get enough of her sparring with Maggie Smith in the 1981 version of Agatha Christie's Evil Under The Sun... particularly this ridiculously camp musical moment :D

Bottoms everywhere to observe a moment's silence.

I think that's all the main cast of The Avengers DEAD now?
Linda Thorson's still going as you mentioned, and if you count The New Avengers there's Joanna Lumley of course... I really won't be able to take that one when it happens :(

Linda Thorson's still going as you mentioned, and if you count The New Avengers there's Joanna Lumley of course... I really won't be able to take that one when it happens :(
I don't count The New Avengers.

Obviously love Lumley like any gay worth their weight in toast and it will be a gay Aberfan the day we lose her. However the Avengers is stylistically a 60s affair for me and those 70s bobs don't do it for me.

And to be fair to Linda Thorson I did enjoy her, but she wasn't the same degree of ICON as Rigg or Blackman.

She was astonishingly good in GOT. I don't really know much more of her work surprisingly. But man... I wanted the Tyrell's to be the underdog surprise winners of the Game of Thrones - watching them get killed off so spectacularly was devastating and SHE was the epitome of fabulousness throughout.

Had never seen her young, what a knockout. Her avengers get up I now see was surely the inspiration for Lady Kier in the Good Beat video. Anyway, back to DR: she was extremely effective in Game of Thrones and stole every scene.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom