Dangerous Game

Jark

User
can we take a moment to acknowledge this sultriest of gems as the underrated Kylie classic and properly fucking GREAT SONG it is?

this song, and the way it purrs away luxuriously under her vocals, softly cosetting the melodrama of the lyrics in its pillowy embrace :disco: in a way, I'm sad that Kylie doesn't use her voice like this anymore (or can't?) - her lower range is everything and her belting is forceful. it feels like she had her popstar-becoming-artist vocal experimentation phase with KM94 and Impossible Princess - she really goes for it on the (INSANE) outro, which is waaay too low for her voice but totally banshee in a ridiculous 90s way.

and the way the acid piano is tinkering away somewhere in the mix beneath it all, coming and going at leisure? *chef's kiss*

A SONG! and to conclude: j'adore Kylie Minogue! :disco: (wish my phone wouldn't always autocorrect her to Julie though)

I do like it although it's probably my least favorite of the downtempo moments on the parent album.

I mean sorry to hijack your thread Jark but this live performance of the song is nothing short of spellbinding:

Her lower register has always been hit or miss for me. I mean even in those days, I don’t think she sounded particularly great on songs like Time Will Pass You By and Did It Again. She is obviously far more comfortable in the upper reaches of her range. I’d be curious to hear if she can hit her whistle register actually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom