Dannii/Love And Kisses - the debut album

Funky

User
I can’t seem to find much on moopy about this, how come?

Her first album really is a blinder, but that’s largely because the 2nd Summer Of Love / MADchester influenced pop music of 1990/1991 was FUCKING AMAZING

because it’s not the sound she’s known for I don’t think it gets the credit it deserves, but there’s stuff on there every bit as good as Betty Boo, Kim Appleby, Cathy Dennis, DeeLite and her big sis...

thoughts?

As an aside, all her 90s output appears to be hidden on Spotify, and not listed in her Artist discography. It’s like her career began in 2002. You can only find the album or the songs by searching for them specifically.

I’ve never listened to it :o

but I love the Cathy Dennis/Betty Boo early 90s sound so I need to

08 Love And Kisses
10 Success
05 So Hard To Forget
07 Party Jam
07 Attitude
08 Work
08 Jump To The Beat
07 Call To Your Heart
09 I Don’t Wanna Take This Pain
07 Love Traffic
08 Baby Love
06 True Lovers
08 Hallucination

I assume this is the U.K. deluxe edition. Having gotten into this second half, it’s more swing/R&B than I remembered. I love the Soul II Soul inspired I Don’t Wanna Take This Pain...

I’ve never listened to it :o

but I love the Cathy Dennis/Betty Boo early 90s sound so I need to

it has a lot of similarities to Kylie’s Rhythm Of Love, although a lot of it is a bit more understated compared to some of Kylie’s iconic anthems from that album

Reactions: RJN
It’s ALL about I Don’t Wanna Take This Pain and Baby Love, but I’ll take LOVE TRAFFIC any day too :disco:

I prefer the UK dancier mixes of Love and Kisses and Success to the Australian versions though they were definitely going for a US sound on the Australian singles below.

There is nothing (not a thing) that sounds like Deee-Lite. I wish. Although it does explain why Dannii was arrested in Japan screaming "fuck you Nokko" when Boogie Woogie reached #1 there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom