Dark mode*?

COB

I feel GREAT!
I was just wondering while there's been talk of adding features - since a lot of people use Moopy mainly on their phones, is there any scope for adding a dark mode/night mode like a lot of apps and sites allow nowadays? I don't know if it's technically possible, but I thought I'd ask.

*(Not to be confused with Dark Moopy)

Ag

User
It seems unlikely but that would be great.

Anything to reduce my headaches!

Iguana

So throw the beauty on the fire
Please, the mods and admins have done enough today

tenor.gif

Indie

How appropriate. You fight like a cow.
I've done a quick search and i don't *think* so. The responsive options (i.e. the bit that makes mobile view) for Xenforo 1 (which we're on) are a bit limited, but it's one to keep in mind.

Indie

If you go to "Preferences" you can now select between standard and dark mode.

I'm not sure i can get on board with all the colour choices it has though.

Probably one we can refine over time.

ZenGiraffe

High Mileage, Low Rent
I've made some colour changes to try and make things more readable. If there is anything that you think needs sorted, could you send screenshots please.

Star

Homo Secretary (OB)
(Seriously though this is really good, I'm often trying to browse when people are trying to sleep so it really helps to have a dark screen!)

Kate

mildly communist
I'm guessing I can't have default on my laptops and dark on my phone? WELL LET'S SEE

COB

I feel GREAT!
It's not a huge issue, but I've realised that if you're making posts with different colours, try and set the non colored text to 'None' in the colour menu rather than using black or white (whatever theme you're using), as this can make the text nearly impossible to read on the mode you're not using.

Indie

It's not a huge issue, but I've realised that if you're making posts with different colours, try and set the non colored text to 'None' in the colour menu rather than using black or white (whatever theme you're using), as this can make the text nearly impossible to read on the mode you're not using.

Yeah I discovered this yesterday. I don't think there's much that can be done about it, but is worth people remembering.

Reactions: COB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom