Dead to Me (Netflix)

I found episode one a bit BORING. And much the same as what we've seen already. Long scenes of one of them crying on a bed, and lots of "oooh they're going to find out... Oh no they're not" moments. I loved season 1 so will stick with it but I hope it gets better.

The first couple of episodes didn't exactly grip me but the second season warmed up very nicely. I agree that Linda is the star of the show.

It definitely feels like more of a hit than a lot of the Netflix 30 minute shows too.

The first couple of episodes didn't exactly grip me but the second season warmed up very nicely. I agree that Linda is the star of the show.

It definitely feels like more of a hit than a lot of the Netflix 30 minute shows too.

I was absolutely shocked to find out that I had been watching 30 minutes episodes the whole time. They felt so much longer because of how juicy the show is.

Aww, I loved that. I thought they worked round Christina's limitations pretty well. The killing shenanigans took second place to the central friendship, which was so charming and lovely but still sharply written. I did have a little blub.

James Marsden also does loveable fuck up quite adorably.

This is an interesting interview with the two leads and series creator:

https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/de...te-linda-cardellini-interview-1235434034/amp/

Christina, what do you want to take from the character of Jen and bring into your own life?

Applegate
: Jen is me; I am Jen. There’s so much there that is at the very fibers of who I am. I sometimes didn’t know where she started and I ended.

I can definitely see this. Love that Christina and Linda seem so close and also improvised lots in their scenes together.

Last edited:
Linda is the superstar for me. She's an incredibly talented actress.

But let's not forget Valerie Mahaffey. Nobody does spacey Caucasian housewife like her. I wanted more from her in the final season.

James Marsden GIF by NETFLIX

Linda is the superstar for me. She's an incredibly talented actress.

But let's not forget Valerie Mahaffey. Nobody does spacey Caucasian housewife like her. I wanted more from her in the final season.

James Marsden GIF by NETFLIX

Her one line in the last episode was a remarkable show of sympathy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom