Dear Evan Hansen

Vote

• Total voters

Phoenix

I’m the hostess of the dinner
Pronouns
He/Him

Starring Ben Platt, Julianne Moore and Amy Adams. The musical was a huge hit but I personally never enjoyed the music that much.

Amy Adams?

6a00d83451b8c369e201538e945797970b.gif

I love the music so I'm excited and all but LOL

Any Adams and Julianne Moore have just done that woman in the window together for Netflix too.

Well I watched the trailer and don’t feel like I need to watch it now, like, surely that’s the whole story laid out there?

Any Adams and Julianne Moore have just done that woman in the window together for Netflix too.

Well I watched the trailer and don’t feel like I need to watch it now, like, surely that’s the whole story laid out there?
PRETTYMUCH

But there are great songs in it, which is kind of the whole point!

This is so accurate

Last edited:
THIS gets the film treatment so quickly? I suppose it’s probably cheap to produce. Not a fan of the music on this one but never seen the stage show. It feels a bit out of my age range.

Four songs have been CUT for the film:

E9K_dGkWEAQREi0

OMG NOT GOOD FOR YOU @Christian OMG :(

Two songs have been added: one for Evan's female friend and one for Connor

Does Evan Hansen have much of a UK following? I'm surprised it's getting a cinema release and not going to Amazon like Everybody's Talking About Jamie is.

Four songs have been CUT for the film:

E9K_dGkWEAQREi0

OMG NOT GOOD FOR YOU @Christian OMG :(

Two songs have been added: one for Evan's female friend and one for Connor
One of my faves gone!

This looks so rotten though and I just can't wait to revel in it all.

The Platt-lash has been brutal and doesn't seem to have peaked yet. Poor Benny :(

Reactions: dUb
One of my faves gone!

This looks so rotten though and I just can't wait to revel in it all.

The Platt-lash has been brutal and doesn't seem to have peaked yet. Poor Benny :(

I really do like him. He's good.

But casting him for this role at his age was a MISTAKE. And the wig made things worse.

His dad needs to get a nice musical about a 30 year old bloke in production STAT.

I really do like him. He's good.

But casting him for this role at his age was a MISTAKE. And the wig made things worse.

His dad needs to get a nice musical about a 30 year old bloke in production STAT.
The wig is a disastah!

It's such a horrible show message-wise. The amazing songs totally distract from a rotten-to-its-core message and so Ben being the face of the whole property is going to be a millstone around his neck. Has Papa Platt got another big hit in him?

The ending has been rewritten apparently!

The songs really are TERRIFIC

Is the backlash aimed at Ben himself because he's too old for the role or the questionable content of the musical?
Just him really! Although I did see some tweets saying “THIS is the story of the musical?!”, when they assumed it was just about some gay boy

Just him really! Although I did see some tweets saying “THIS is the story of the musical?!”, when they assumed it was just about some gay boy
No, it's him, plus the fact his Dad got him the part, plus the fact that people have wised up to the absolutely rotten message of the book, plus just the fact that it's massively culty amongst tween theatre goers.

The ending has been rewritten apparently!

The songs really are TERRIFIC
I hope so. You could probably just about turn around the plot if he showed the slightest bit of contrition by the end. Though even then, you'd have to massively discount the emotional damage he's done to just about everyone around him up to that point :D

Does Evan Hansen have much of a UK following? I'm surprised it's getting a cinema release and not going to Amazon like Everybody's Talking About Jamie is.
I find this quite strange too. Jamie looks fairly awful too though (unsurprisingly, given the stage show), so maybe the studio are just being sensible here.

I hope the new ending ends up with him suffering more. What the character did made me so angry and I was not ready to forgive him by the final curtain. I wanted someone to punch him.

JUSTICE FOR TO BREAK IN A GLOVE!!!

Maybe there’ll be a new Peabo Bryson version of it playing over the end credits

I hope the new ending ends up with him suffering more. What the character did made me so angry and I was not ready to forgive him by the final curtain. I wanted someone to punch him.
From what I’ve read, the new ending doesn't let him off the hook as much

Julianne Moore is a FANTASTIC actress but by golly she chooses to appear in the most RANDOM DRIVEL sometimes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom