Delete my account please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have used slurs like fr*mpy, d*wdy and m*msy in the past and as a male feminist, I am prepared to hold myself accountable. I have now made a charitable donation to the Bonmarché fighting fund so women of a certain age can buy a nice maxi-dress or caftan.

GPB4GM-WwwY.jpg

eat-the-music-74

YES! I worked with a guy who spoke like that 7-8 years ago and it was actually unsettling.

When on earth did it come up? FUN CHAT ABOUT THE WEEKEND? I thought it was just internet language and no-one actually spoke like that :(

When on earth did it come up? FUN CHAT ABOUT THE WEEKEND? I thought it was just internet language and no-one actually spoke like that :(

Nope, actually conversation. e.g. "How did you get on with that lassie you were talking to in (*insert name of premises*) when we all left?". "Brilliant, mate. Ruined her."

I mean, that's just gross.

Reactions: Zu
Nope, actually conversation. e.g. "How did you get on with that lassie you were talking to in (*insert name of premises*) when we all left?". "Brilliant, mate. Ruined her."

I mean, that's just gross.

HOW LOVELY

I expect he SPLIT HER IN TWO :)

HLT - fuck you > everyone
Eddie - cunts and tossers > everyone
HLT - bullying cunts > everyone
Eddie - obnoxious cunts > everyone
Eddie - wankers > everyone
Eddie - hilariously pathetic > lolly
HLT - Embarrassing and disliked > Ag
HLT - Self centred and self obsessed > Ag
HLT - Basic and simple > Jark
VoR - Why are you still here > Eddie
HLTs sister - Get a grip > Moopy
Octy > Gammon > HLT
Eddie > Fuck off > Soldi
HLT - I suspect you’re like me and couldn’t really give a fuck if you ever saw Moopy again. Especially not with the jawdropping double standards and selective bullying. It’s certainly not the place I thought it was > Moopy
Jark - No one gives a flying fuck about your sister > HLT
HLT - nasty squabbling little bitches > Moopy
COB - shit off > HLT
HLT- Right back at you, cuntface. Get fucked, you condescending piece of shit > COB
VoR - even bigger tit than Eddie > HLT
Jark - poor dear woman-defending, sister-possessing, brain-malfunctioning martyr > HLT
HLT - nasty little queen > Jark
HLT - jumped up little prick. > COB
HLT - Fuck you - octy and COB
HLT - you're a cunt > COB
Eddie - Jark, I'm really not interested in anything you have to say. > Jark
Eddie - gutless wankers > Moopy
HLT - ultra woke snow flake elitist and savage internet bully > POP!
Jark - fucking gormo > HLT

etc etc

Catching up on this whole thread. Speaking from experience, while I think Eddie and WeLikedTurner have undoubtedly been misogynistic twats, there is A RIDICULOUS AMOUNT of unchecked misogyny on this forum.

Thankfully this is basically never about the few women that post here and it has been far worse in days of yore but the way some female celebrities are discussed makes me quite uncomfortable. I've literally had to argue with some posters on here in the past that gay men sitting around remarking on women's appearances is infact misogynistic because gay men are still MEN. I appreciate that Moopy has moved on a lot, but I think it is notable that I received very little support in those discussions beyond a few notable exceptions.

I find that there are a lot of gay men who purport to "love women" but in reality do so almost exclusively as a source of entertainment. If these women aren't serving iconic bops or looks, or if they're flopping or experiencing personal issues in a way that DOESN'T make them a mildly amusing hot mess, then there simply isn't any interest there. They aren't interested in women or sometimes don't really seem to regard them as whole people. That's just a different flavour of misogyny from the shit we're used to seeing from straight men.

Catching up on this whole thread. Speaking from experience, while I think Eddie and WeLikedTurner are undoubtedly at fault, there is A RIDICULOUS AMOUNT of unchecked misogyny on this forum.

Thankfully this is basically never about the few women that post here and it has been far worse in days of yore but the way some female celebrities are discussed makes me quite uncomfortable. I've literally had to argue with some posters on here in the past that gay men sitting around remarking on women's appearances is infact misogynistic because gay men are still MEN. I appreciate that Moopy has moved on a lot, but worth nothing that I received very little support in those discussions other than a few notable exceptions.

I find that there are a lot of gay men who purport to "love women" but in reality love women almost exclusively as a source of entertainment. If these women aren't serving iconic bops or looks, or if they're flopping or experiencing personal issues in a way that DOESN'T make them a mildly amusing hot mess, then there simply isn't any interest there.

And I apologise to you. We live in a misogynistic culture and I try my best to fight that but I'm not perfect and I do fall for the old tropes sometimes. I will always keep trying though.

Thanks for the RATIONAL response T-R

Catching up on this whole thread. Speaking from experience, while I think Eddie and WeLikedTurner have undoubtedly been misogynistic twats, there is A RIDICULOUS AMOUNT of unchecked misogyny on this forum.

Thankfully this is basically never about the few women that post here and it has been far worse in days of yore but the way some female celebrities are discussed makes me quite uncomfortable. I've literally had to argue with some posters on here in the past that gay men sitting around remarking on women's appearances is infact misogynistic because gay men are still MEN. I appreciate that Moopy has moved on a lot, but I think it is notable that I received very little support in those discussions beyond a few notable exceptions.

I find that there are a lot of gay men who purport to "love women" but in reality do so almost exclusively as a source of entertainment. If these women aren't serving iconic bops or looks, or if they're flopping or experiencing personal issues in a way that DOESN'T make them a mildly amusing hot mess, then there simply isn't any interest there. They aren't interested in women or sometimes don't really seem to regard them as whole people. That's just a different flavour of misogyny from the shit we're used to seeing from straight men.

Can I just add though that from what I’ve seen, strong conventional women are roundly applauded. See: Greta Thunberg, Kamala Harris, Michelle Obama et al but also that men are equally derided.

Appearances ARE scrutinised here more than perhaps they should be but I certainly wasn’t the first to do that, nor I suspect will I be the last.

Can I just add though that from what I’ve seen, strong conventional women are roundly applauded. See: Greta Thunberg, Kamala Harris, Michelle Obama et al but also that men are equally derided.

I've detailed the specific issues that arise on here in my post.

I should say that I feel this is a deeply embedded cultural issue within the queer community so I find it unsurprising to see on display literally anywhere that gay men congregate :D

Reactions: dUb
Oh you know what I mean. Someone who does not exist on appearance alone.

Are you really trying to twist my words today @Jark ?

Also there are just as many men who only seem to serve that purpose.

Also there are just as many men who only seem to serve that purpose.

Objectification of men is not a systemic cultural issue, just that discrimination against white people based on their race isn’t either.

My recommendation is that you step back a moment, listen and stop trying to reason around things - you are at risk of digging another grave.

Objectification of men is not a systematic cultural issue, just that discrimination against white people based on their race isn’t either.

Oh absolutely. But if anyone thinks I was being in any way inflammatory with that line then I’m done with this argument and with moopy in general. It’s very difficult to argue semantics with some people.

I absolutely agree with your points @Tetris-Rock, and it's an issue that many of Moopy including myself need to continually work on, but I do wonder what you think about the reaction to Eddie's initial post. It felt to me that the post would have received more of a favourable reaction in years gone by, so is the mass rejection of it a sign that we ARE slowly getting less tolerant of misogyny?

Oh absolutely. But if anyone thinks I was being in any way inflammatory with that line then I’m done with this argument and with moopy in general. It’s very difficult to argue semantics with some people.

I just struggle to understand why you bring it up if you weren’t implying that men are being objectified in the same way, is all.

I absolutely agree with your points @Tetris-Rock, and it's an issue that many of Moopy including myself need to continually work on, but I do wonder what you think about the reaction to Eddie's initial post. It felt to me that the post would have received more of a favourable reaction in years gone by, so is the mass rejection of it a sign that we ARE slowly getting less tolerant of misogyny?

I think it is a sign that Moopy is becoming less tolerant of obvious instances of misogyny.

As I said though, it comes out in all kinds of language and behaviour and is an issue not exclusive to Moopy but the entire gay community. So it is very hard to make shifts!

HLT - fuck you > everyone
Eddie - cunts and tossers > everyone
HLT - bullying cunts > everyone
Eddie - obnoxious cunts > everyone
Eddie - wankers > everyone
Eddie - hilariously pathetic > lolly
HLT - Embarrassing and disliked > Ag
HLT - Self centred and self obsessed > Ag
HLT - Basic and simple > Jark
VoR - Why are you still here > Eddie
HLTs sister - Get a grip > Moopy
Octy > Gammon > HLT
Eddie > Fuck off > Soldi
HLT - I suspect you’re like me and couldn’t really give a fuck if you ever saw Moopy again. Especially not with the jawdropping double standards and selective bullying. It’s certainly not the place I thought it was > Moopy
Jark - No one gives a flying fuck about your sister > HLT
HLT - nasty squabbling little bitches > Moopy
COB - shit off > HLT
HLT- Right back at you, cuntface. Get fucked, you condescending piece of shit > COB
VoR - even bigger tit than Eddie > HLT
Jark - poor dear woman-defending, sister-possessing, brain-malfunctioning martyr > HLT
HLT - nasty little queen > Jark
HLT - jumped up little prick. > COB
HLT - Fuck you - octy and COB
HLT - you're a cunt > COB
Eddie - Jark, I'm really not interested in anything you have to say. > Jark
Eddie - gutless wankers > Moopy
HLT - ultra woke snow flake elitist and savage internet bully > POP!
Jark - fucking gormo > HLT

etc etc

When you break it down like that, I really did KNOB ALL.

Also, Jark's last one to HLT was "gommo" not "gormo", which cheered me immensely cos I hadn't seen that one in years.

I just struggle to understand why you bring it up if you weren’t implying that men are being objectified in the same way, is all.

Bring what up? I was trying to provide a counterpoint to your line about women who are “serving iconic bops or looks, or if they're flopping or experiencing personal issues in a way that DOESN'T make them a mildly amusing hot mess”.

If people really want to read between my lines then that is beyond my control.

Oh you know what I mean. Someone who does not exist on appearance alone.

Are you really trying to twist my words today @Jark ?
no, I just didn't know what you meant by it, hence asking. it's a discussion.

I don't believe any woman exists on appearance alone though, and none of the women we discuss exist on appearance even primarily in their careers (we're not out here talking about make-up influencers) so I still don't really get it!

Reactions: RJN
You know what Moopy, there is definitely a discussion to be had about the subject. But please be mindful, it's been an emotionally charged weekend and Eddie had clearly said he's been upset. I don't think it's right that we keep quoting what he's saying right now. I'm not saying that we shouldn't discuss it, but to me, he's obviously still upset and when someone is in that frame of mind we should step back a bit.

@Eddie My inital outrage was the suggestion that if any woman bared more flesh she'd be more successful. Which was what frumpy in that context suggested. It wasn't that I had any predisposed negative attitude towards you, rather that your comment appeared to be steeped in ignorance relating to what a successful woman should be. I found that revolting and part of dated dying sexist attitudes.

But sometimes many of us say stupid shit and need to take the shit and climb the learning curve that comes with it.

Also dont we read between the lines all the time? We're constantly looking for symbols and hints as to the meaning of the world around us.

Yeah, I’m outta here. I should never got into this in the first place.

I’d rather not be lectured by Ag of all people, thanks.
I'm trying to offer a rational explanation as to my response. But if you want to reject that, that tells me all I need to know right now.

Hope you can come back from this. Sincerely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom