Delete my account please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Genuinely the nerve of some of the people contributing to this thread astounds me. Rita I see you liking Zen’s Post and it astounds me that some people really do have either very selective or a very short memory around here.

If my decision to leave hadn’t already been made, this would have sealed the deal for me.

Perhaps people who have been accused of prejudice in the past shouldn’t be commenting. At all.

Anyway clearly your intention is to rile me Zen but I’m not biting today. Sorry.

Eddie hun you really need to stop reading into who likes who’s post.

PEOPLE ARE DYING

Genuinely the nerve of some of the people contributing to this thread astounds me. Rita I see you liking Zen’s Post and it astounds me that some people really do have either very selective or a very short memory around here.

If my decision to leave hadn’t already been made, this would have sealed the deal for me.

Sorry, what are you talking about? I found Zen’s post funny, so liked it. WHAT IS THE PROBLEM?

Perhaps people who have been accused of prejudice in the past shouldn’t be commenting. At all.

Anyway clearly your intention is to rile me Zen but I’m not biting today. Sorry.

Don’t try and bring me in to this. You have been digging your own hole for days, so I would prefer if you did not address what posts I like or don’t like. You have made an absolute TIT out of yourself over the past couple of days and I have not even got involved even though you tagged me in a half arsed post around you not being misogynistic. I DON’T GIVE A FUCK. Calm down, and get over it, but DO NOT call for me unless I ask for you.

I've certainly been guilty of some very problematic posts about women in the past. The whole 'attractive women over 40' thread obviously still HAUNTS me.

I'm also aware that I'm far from perfect to this day and it's always a work in progress to step outside yourself and see the other side.

What I would say to @Eddie is that the difference is I don't think I ever centred myself as the victim in those conversations. I took the note, tried to learn from it and moved on. And trust me, people have and continue to LOVE to make fun of me for it, easily to the extent you faced this weekend and over a much longer period to boot.

With total sincerity and no malice intended, I think that's where you've been going wrong here. You took the support of one fruitcake and used it as an excuse to turn yourself into the victim in your own head. In fact, nobody was coming for you all that hard in the grand scheme of things. It's not about being expected to just roll over and take it, it's about having some perspective, and also learning when listening is more constructive than constantly going on the defensive.

Have the mods been deleted yet tho

VOR, is everyone forgetting that I apologised almost immediately. Didn’t stop the relentless reactions though, did it?

You know I was hoping this would drag onto a THIRD DAY.

It really is the Zsa Zsa Gabor of arguments, we’ve locked the original thread, deleted two accounts, yet still the one remaining toe is grasping at the bottle of Veuve on the nightstand.

VOR, is everyone forgetting that I apologised almost immediately. Didn’t stop the relentless reactions though, did it?

Because you then appeared to backtrack on that apology and went on a three day (and counting) rant about it when it could so easily have fizzled out long ago.

To be fair, HeLikedTurner is the one who really blew this up when the matter was on the verge of passing, and I can totally understand the impulse to grab onto an offer of support when you're feeling hard done by.

I understand why the thread about your sexuality was hurtful and I regret participating in it. But Moopy is a rough and tumble environment and we're not mind readers. If you'd said 'actually guys I'm not comfortable with this discussion' earlier on, I would hope I and any other mod would have stepped in to shut it down.

I entered this thread as an opportunity to apologise to TR and to attempt to explain that I too, am a “work in progress”. I didn’t expect to have my words used against me or for the usual faces to take the opportunity to have yet another dig. These people are not perfect yet they continue to throw stones. I find that galling.

I accepted my mistakes. I did not expect to be reminded of them at every instance. There are variances of voices in every community. That does not mean they cannot cohabit the same place and engage in reasoned debate without the use of emojis and stupid pictures to undermine the discussion.

It does sometimes feel as if this place will eventually consume itself.

Because you then appeared to backtrack on that apology and went on a three day (and counting) rant about it when it could so easily have fizzled out long ago.

To be fair, HeLikedTurner is the one who really blew this up when the matter was on the verge of passing, and I can totally understand the impulse to grab onto an offer of support when you're feeling hard done by.

I understand why the thread about your sexuality was hurtful and I regret participating in it. But Moopy is a rough and tumble environment and we're not mind readers. If you'd said 'actually guys I'm not comfortable with this discussion' earlier on, I would hope I and any other mod would have stepped in to shut it down.

I didn’t backtrack on the apology at all. The language used was spiteful and the reaction disproportionate. In the same way that I could have expressed being uncomfortable with the situation, at least one of you could have criticised in a rational way. The fact that none of you did and that THAT parody thread was created (well before I started to fight back no less) speaks more to the kind of community this is.

Considering you've already asked to be deleted earlier today I don't understand why you are still here arguing the toss. Either you want to leave or you don't? You've said people have upset you but then you're out here picking the scabs. You can't have both things, if you don't want to get into these debates because you feel they are a personal attack on you then walk away. If you don't want replies from 'the usual faces' then stop fanning the flames.

Yours.
Neutral Ron.

At this point if you think we’re all awful and spiteful, why are you still here?

.lThe fact that none of you did and that THAT parody thread was created (well before I started to fight back no less) speaks more to the kind of community this is.

Bullshit and you know it. MANY people, myself included, pointed out the thread in every iteration was crap and then moved on. If you're butthurt that some people's criticisms were fairly scathing, don't tar us all.

Reactions: GNL
I didn’t backtrack on the apology at all. The language used was spiteful and the reaction disproportionate. In the same way that I could have expressed being uncomfortable with the situation, at least one of you could have criticised in a rational way. The fact that none of you did and that THAT parody thread was created (well before I started to fight back no less) speaks more to the kind of community this is.
In relation to the sexuality thread, you could have also criticised in a rational way. I didn’t agree with the thread at first but you seemed more than happy to engage in it, even though you did have a change of heart later on. But rather than just asking for the thread to be locked it was “oh you’re all bullies and cunts etc etc”.

I think it’s also a good idea to point out that once you did raise the issues you had with the thread people immediately stopped posting in it, and had you brought the issue up earlier or when it was created it would’ve been swiftly locked and we’d have moved on. I really don’t see the people you mentioned as bullies, you just don’t seem to be able to accept that you were in the wrong.

@big ron - I didn’t come here today to argue!

@Beverley - I’ve had a few people reach out to say that they’re sorry I didn’t receive any back up. So which is it?

@Tetris-Rock - I came here to make an apology before I left. That’s literally all I wanted to do before my impulse made me react.

@Soldi - sorry luv but am have not ONCE used the term “bully” or “bullying”.

@everyone - I honestly have no more to say on the subject, so please don’t tag me.

I’ve had a few people reach out to say that they’re sorry I didn’t receive any back up. So which is it?
Sounds a bit like Donald Trump's "good friend" who was always feeding him little tit bits that fed his narrative.

Amazing how those people who were so sorry didn't back you up on the actual forum.

@ameraal I hope you don’t mind me tagging you. Seriously though, if you are all trying to make this an unpleasant experience for me, you are succeeding!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom