Delice de France - what do you think?

The freshly baked taste of the cuntinent

• Total voters
Last time I checked (I think there is one in Euston) the prices were something ridiculous like 8 quid for a SAD BAGUETTE so 1.89 for a bottle of water is a STEAL.
The baguettes do look shockingly dry and displeasing. I'd not be surprised if someone has at some point sliced their gums open whilst tucking into one of their exquisite delicacies :(

High praise pouring in for UPPER CRUST EUSTON :disco:

Insane prices for gross food
Had to take an early train at Euston and the only things before 6am are upper crust and délices de France. I paid almost £9 for a disgusting coffee and a gross cheese&egg muffin + the service was extremely slow and unpleasant (:D).

Well, that answers a question.

Is it really #23 or was the number chosen for magickal reasons?

High praise pouring in for UPPER CRUST EUSTON :disco:

Insane prices for gross food
Had to take an early train at Euston and the only things before 6am are upper crust and délices de France. I paid almost £9 for a disgusting coffee and a gross cheese&egg muffin + the service was extremely slow and unpleasant (:D).
The compliments as warm as the tea and coffee! :D

1647691284381.png

Would give it 0 stars if it was an option without even having ate or drank here.
Sat outside on the bench whilst waiting for our airport pick up (the cafe was shut)
And seen 3 mice running around, u fed the tables, in and out of the kitchens.

Absolutely disgusting.

View attachment 9046
Would give it 0 stars if it was an option without even having ate or drank here.
Sat outside on the bench whilst waiting for our airport pick up (the cafe was shut)

Absolutely disgusting.
People are so unkind. The mice were HUNGRY and should be pitied if they think they're going to find tasty scraps in DELICE DE FRANCE :(

View attachment 9046

Absolutely disgusting.

The partially concealed “e” in the sign makes it look vraiment appétissant.

311E8534-A7CE-4493-AD00-0EDB92083B57.jpeg

I wish there were Delice de Frances here so I could sample the (literal) rock cakes. We do have a Café Sol chain which has mainly positive reviews so that's not as much fun.

23833.jpg

That swirly logo looks FAMILIAR somehow.

Perhaps I spoke too SOON.

Scone like stone
Had the raspberry one...did they use cement? Rock-hard...and to add insult to injury, charged 35c for manky jam...more jelly...only managed half...grim.

:D

Poor all round
Went to the location close to Pearse Train station for a bit of lunch and to get out of the rain. Asked for two croissants, one with ham and cheese, and one with just cheese. Was told that they don't have ones with "just cheese" which I found remarkable, considering I could get one with ham and cheese. I asked could he not just do one without the ham, and was told "well I can take the ham out of one but it will be "stained" by the ham." Sounds appetising. I asked if he doesn't have plain croissants behind the counter, and cheese, and he just replied "no" with a face on him. If they don't have plain croissants behind the counter, when and where are the ones that are already prepared made up? My personal opinion is that he just wasn't bothered.
Took our two croissants, including the "ham stained" one back to the table. The table that had crumbs and butter and jam all over it from the previous customer.
The place is a mess, and the service was lousy. Won't be back.

As my mother would say, "he'd look funny without one".

I might use the STAINED routine to get FREE FOOD :disco:

EXCUSE ME MISS BUT THAT CRUSTY ONT I JUST ATE WAS STAINED BY THE HAM CAN I HAVE FULL REFUND PLEASE

Poor all round
Went to the location close to Pearse Train station for a bit of lunch and to get out of the rain. Asked for two croissants, one with ham and cheese, and one with just cheese. Was told that they don't have ones with "just cheese" which I found remarkable, considering I could get one with ham and cheese. I asked could he not just do one without the ham, and was told "well I can take the ham out of one but it will be "stained" by the ham." Sounds appetising. I asked if he doesn't have plain croissants behind the counter, and cheese, and he just replied "no" with a face on him. If they don't have plain croissants behind the counter, when and where are the ones that are already prepared made up? My personal opinion is that he just wasn't bothered.
Took our two croissants, including the "ham stained" one back to the table. The table that had crumbs and butter and jam all over it from the previous customer.

I’m actually pro-staff member on that on. The customer sounds awful and like someone who complains about anything.

Poor all round

His first mistake was assuming that the savoury croissants are handmade on site!

If these reviews teach us anything it is that there truly is nowt as queer as folk

Just ATTEMPTED to order a coffee at the Victoria branch! Unfortunately had to give up when it became clear they didn’t know what a latte was, as they kept asking me if I wanted milk in it.

Staff quite BUBBLY though! Though clearly had no clue where they were or what they were doing!

Did you just say never mind and trot off? Where oh where was the escalation to a dreadful supervisor with a face like thunder, we ask ourselves? :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom