DELICIOUS/HORRIBLE STATIONS IN LONDON

Upminster Bridge has a big SWASTIKA on the floor, but it predates the war :)

They sometimes pump classical music through the speakers too :enya:

osf1ub9hgue01.jpg
Oh DEAR at the swastika :D

I've noticed that TfL only tend to play classical music at stations where passengers are likely to turn stabby. The main example which comes to mind is the lovely Tottenham Hale :disco:

Oh DEAR at the swastika :D

I've noticed that TfL only tend to play classical music at stations where passengers are likely to turn stabby. The main example which comes to mind is the lovely Tottenham Hale :disco:
They do it at Elm Park station too. ABOUT RIGHT :D

Ooh Upminster Bridge has these fab modernist(?) benches as well

zZP_b2owVFyanN2gyOtJoTrbcENGadSxaLGWWTotvYcgzEvP1H093193QEg_gIp8JLspoaljiPEZiaYvON-cphmdFE_7oShauRc72FBuec1NJbdCXoko-YATG022722iCbaOx-kh_g

Reactions: COB
I do love any station with a LIFT (which always causes merry excitement in any context and I'll use one to go up or down ONE FLOOR if available :disco:) but especially Hampstead which always seems to ascend and descend slightly too quickly, although not to the truly alarming extent of the Fernsehturm lift in Berlin :shock:

I feel compelled to mention the truly grim and utterly unmodernised ESSEX ROAD station :disco:

25680500230_fecbf5b5d1_k.jpg

EDIT: Actually this is Old Street but Essex Road is EVEN NASTIER :disco:

Last edited by a moderator:
Waterloo and Bank get something of a reprieve for having TRAVELATORS :disco:

20656267846_75a13bb5a2_b.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Zu
Waterloo and Bank get something of a reprieve for having TRAVELATORS :disco:

20656267846_75a13bb5a2_b.jpg
Although I once saw someone riding their STUPID MINI SCOOTER along that one and he is lucky I didn't STAB HIM UP

Actually the Northern City Line is GRIM FULL STOP. It would be so disappointing if they ever decided to tart it up. FILTHY :disco:
northerncity.jpg

"Soot-smeared sinusoidal subway" :D:disco::D
It was useful back in my WELWYN days though cos you could get off at Finsbury Park and hop down to the tube without having to do a PAINFUL change at Kings Cross

Did it really used to be part of the Tube? How interesting, I didn't know that :disco:

I love the LAMPS between the escalators at Turnpike Lane (and, I think, quite a few other stations at that end of the Piccadilly Line)

440px-TURNPIKE_LANE-03_240710_CPS_%284837732790%29.jpg

And the SIGNAGE :disco:

1c1360602f64c495aa75d84a6990a9db.jpg

I was about to comment on the utter futility of Kensington (Olympia) station and I learn from Wikipedia that "With around 0.11 million passenger journeys recorded in 2019, Kensington (Olympia) is the least used station on the entire Underground network." WHO KNEW?

I must confess to having quite a thing for Geoff :horny:

I use the Overground there quite regularly, but the District line is QUITE POINTLESS

Look at those old men, you can best be assured they're just STANDING on it :evil:
Who on earth WALKS on a travelator? The whole point is the novelty of standing on a MOVING FLOOR!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom