DELICIOUS places IN LONDON

I'm always rather partial to the London Docklands after they fell out of use and before Thatcher turned theminto a physical representation of capitalist inequality. Urban decay at its finest.

3ce3537c4b8b09cbdf2df3c9ee1a907a.jpg

View attachment London-Docklands-1976-10.jpg

View attachment London-Docklands-1976-9.jpg

Last edited:
I don't go here NEARLY OFTEN ENOUGH

50489581407_d9be98ce2d.jpg

Delicious being the operative word on ALL FRONTS! :disco:

I'm quite a fan of Pontoon Dock DLR station (and the DLR in general) and of course MILLENNIUM MILLS is just up the road

thames-barrier-park.jpg

I mean they are trying to make the surrounding area as DES RES as possible with those new builds nearby but GOOD LUCK WITH THAT. Even the road itself is GRIM :disco:

I was just googling some of my favourite pubs and was slightly THROWN by someone I know appearing on the very first page for one of them

Has anyone been to Stephen Wright's House Of Dreams? I feel I ought to...

I've been to this! Well, I got DRAGGED. It was fun in a "well if I bumped into this house when I was walking down the street and it was completely open and FREE to enter I would have enjoyed my five minutes inside and then I would have walked out and FORGOTTEN ABOUT IT ALL in ten minutes" sort of way. But I'm allergic to BULLSHIT and IS IT ART DARLING type of places so obviously YOUR MILEAGE MAY VARY.

And this pub which is just around the corner. I can't find any good pics of the interior but rest assured it is like stepping back to the 1970s

victoria-pub.jpg
:disco: Truly it is a rarity to see a pub with that TRUMAN HANBURY BUXTON & CO LTD. signage (:disco: TO INFINITY) which hasn't been boarded up or burnt down

I've been to this! Well, I got DRAGGED. It was fun in a "well if I bumped into this house when I was walking down the street and it was completely open and FREE to enter I would have enjoyed my five minutes inside and then I would have walked out and FORGOTTEN ABOUT IT ALL in ten minutes" sort of way. But I'm allergic to BULLSHIT and IS IT ART DARLING type of places so obviously YOUR MILEAGE MAY VARY.
I'm just a sucker for severed dolls' heads, so I think I'd LOVE it

Loads more photos HERE

The food looks FANTASTIC AKA enormous portions :disco:

"Yes, both plates are for me, luv. @Kate's on the pork scratchings."
Yes, that first one with the BANANA - that's my friend on the left :D I have asked him wtf is going on

Reactions: Zu
A bunch of us once went there in December and there was loads of food left over from an office party including AN ENTIRE SIDE OF SALMON and Pat the landlord just let us have it :disco:

He also has an enormous gin selection and will happily get it all out from the cellar for you to PERUSE and SNIFF

• Love
Reactions: Zu
Love a pub cat. We used to go to this one in Kentish Town West called Tapping The Admiral. I once mistook this cat for my fluffy hat as it was sleeping on a stool tucked under the bar

tapping-the-admiral.jpg
Come to the Bag o' Nails here. It's full of them. And wankers in silly hats. Stinks of course, although I'm still unsure if it's the cats or wankers in silly hats.

bag.jpg

0_JB_BRI_210220BagNails-09JPG.jpg

_86773148_img_2028.jpg

How can a pie be HAND RAISED?
I think it refers to the pastry, rather than rearing the piglet. Although looking at the twat in the hat, I'm not so sure.

Between the cats and the hats, I imagine the place stinks of piss.
It takes your breath away when you first step inside. Scary how quickly you become accustomed though.

I imagine visitors coming to my house feel the same

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom