Demi Lovato - Dancing With the Devil: The Art of Starting Over

Gangsta Nancy Lam

🎻🎻🎻
Saw her trending on twitter this morning and apparently it's because she's been picking fights with a FROYO SHACK.

RJN

Way fun!
I see where she’s coming with but she’d have a better point if it wasn’t a frozen yogurt store, which is also meant to be a healthy alternative

RJN

Way fun!
I don’t think she’s an awful person. More someone with a lot of mental health issues who doesn’t necessarily think before she speaks

Bluejeans

User
Well lots of people have mental health issues. I have direct experience of it myself. I'm always wary of mental health issues being used to excuse consistent rudeness/bad manners/disrespect.

RJN

Way fun!
Agreed and I’m not trying to excuse her behavior. I just don’t think she’s an awful person

Barnacle

Climb on through my window.
Not every mental health condition is the same.

The worst thing about Demi Levato is the way she uses her voice. Calling her an awful person is a stretch.

Reactions: RJN

Phoenix

Slander? SLANDER!
Saw her trending on twitter this morning and apparently it's because she's been picking fights with a FROYO SHACK.

It’s the authority in which she speaks that makes her so unlikeable in this instance “do better” indeed.

Jark

gave ur love away
yeah with all respect to the various mental health conditions she may suffer from, telling a frozen yoghurt store to "do better" on social media when you have 100m followers or whatever and they have 5k does seem a bit RECKLESS. especially when their only crime was serving SUGAR FREE SNACKS.

Like girl just shut up and send your assistant in to get your FROYO instead if it's so triggering for you!

POP!

Behind the velvet rope.
I think she was expecting more backing with that “diet culture vulture” hash tag. It got a whopping THREE posts in 24 hours. :D

I’m not trying to minimize her trauma as someone recovering from an ED - it’s a notoriously nasty disease as you can never avoid food /triggers because you have to eat/go to grocery stores to survive - but her outrage seems VERY misplaced and I think she realized it by the end when she was semi backtracking. I’m just confused as to why she targeted this small yogurt shop. Has she not been to a grocery store or ice cream/yogurt shop since the 1990s? I’ve never gone to one WITHOUT a “sugar free” or “fat free” option. Where has she BEEN

POP!

Behind the velvet rope.
She apologizes... kind of

"i'm sorry... if you took it the wrong way." :eyes:

KindaCool

Stay booked. Stay blessed.
Nice backpedaling. "I'm just trying to make the world a better place!" is such a cringey cop-out.

Pipo

Angles in (Block)chains
I ended up liking only about 5 songs from this and yes Mad World is definitely one, but to be honest you can never go wrong with that song! It's immense.

FetchFugly

Deluxe and then delightful
That remix is kind of all over the place but tremendous all the same. I've listened to it about five times today.

The off-centre artwork is wrong however.

Pipo

Angles in (Block)chains
good for you DEMI, why now don't you lot go back to the studio to record some decent songs instead of trying to get people's attention? There are other ways you know, like shutting your trap

straightorbroken

rebel heart
The Kind of Lover I Am is decent, mostly because of the production. Demi still a semi. Those track titles though: what a narcissist.

Pipo

Angles in (Block)chains
They really said make it Taylor Swift and make it Miley but there's no whiff of a good song nowhere to be found.

RJN

Way fun!
I don’t think the lyrics of melon cake are even that bad. If anything, I think it’s kind of an interesting topic and getting over their eating disorder clearly is an important part of their life

also it’s catchy

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom