Demi Lovato - Skin of My Teeth + HOLY FVCK (album)

The last album had a few keepers ("Met Him Last Night", "The Kind of Lover I Am", "Carefully", "Melon Cake" :shy: ) although it was obviously overlong.

I'm cautiously optimistic though after they said they were never doing pop music again. :cautious:

I think they were dipping their toe back into POP ROCK so I'm cautiously perched.

Take us to CAMP ROCK Demi.

they've been teasing for months and all the songs sound very adjacent to the punk-rock revival sound that's been dominating. seems a LITTLE behind the trend, teebs, but let's see. I hope they won't just be SCREAMING!

WHO keeps giving THEM all these chances? It's baffling. Have they toured lately or how the fuck are they making any money nowadays?

The fact that Cool For the summer became a viral trend on TikTok should have been a sign too.

What in the Ashlee Simpson is this shit? Clearly trying to jump on the Olivia Rodriguez bandwagon cuz nothing has ever worked.

They're/She's trying so hard to sound 'tortured', when it all just sounds very High School Musical

I quite like it although it doesn't go as hard as the classics posted up-thread.

This reminds me of HOLE which is a GOOD Thing. More EMO pop ROCK straight of 2007 instead of disco pastiche :disco:

EDIT: not that this even compares to HOLE (Sorry Courtney) it's that I feel it's very well produced and the first verse sounds identical to Malibu.

This reminds me of HOLE which is a GOOD Thing. More EMO pop ROCK straight of 2007 instead of disco pastiche :disco:

EDIT: not that this even compares to HOLE (Sorry Courtney) it's that I feel it's very well produced and the first verse sounds identical to Malibu.

And that riff at the start is straight out of Celebrity Skin.

I kind of warmed up to it by the middle eight / final chorus, but it does feel rather reductive and Hole cosplay.

Cardi B Flop GIF by Audacy

They are very tiresome. How was "I Love Me" only two years ago. Bring back the BOPS

That is quite fun! It's still all very High School Musical and has none of the grit she thinks it has, but I love how the lines run over each other.

Paris is the best part obviously.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom