Derry Girls

So I loved the penultimate episode. Aunt Sarah's fake engagement was too much! :D

I also thought the ending was fantastic, but I'd have liked it separated from the Good Friday Agreement episode. Yes, it turned quickly, yes I cried, but what a brilliant summation of the "death" of their childhood and innocence those closing scenes were. I would have been quite happy with that at the end to be honest.

The final one was good rather than funny, poignant rather than hilarious, though it had its moments. The Clare telephone scene was grand and DO NOT GET ME STARTED on Jenny Joyce's "Choose Hope" play and Sister Michael's reaction to it :D :D :D

Anyway, I'm so sad it's "gone". I hope they find some way of bringing something back at least- I don't care if the kids are 45. I also can't quite get over the loss of Aunt Sarah. Moaning shite.

VERY belatedly binged this over the past couple of weeks. As a classic Scouse Catholic with 4x very Irish grandparents, parts of it truly were like a documentary :D

Uncle Colm in particular - I absolutely had/have one!

My favourite line:

“He is TRAUMATISED Gerry!

He’ll take a steak & kidney pie”

*family nods sagely and adds it to the order*

:D:D:D

I have also just binged the entire thing over two days

Orla and Sister Michael easily my favourites :disco:

“LOOK IN HIS EYES!
HE’S A MADMAN!
A FENIAN HATING MADMAN!
DON’T LET THE JAFFA BASTARD HURT ME PLEASE!!!”

“JEASUS Claire!”

:D :D :D

Binged the last series the other night. What a brilliant show, perfect ending. Hugely nostalgic (they're literally playing my age), a brilliant telling of the tail end of the troubles and fabulous casting. I know they’ve already been on other stuff, but I look forward to seeing their future work.

Reactions: COB
So I ended up binging on all three series and managed to finish in about a week. Incredible obviously, not sure why I was putting watching it off for so long! (although the last couple of episodes were a bit LIMP).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom