Des O’Connor DEAD

DES O’CONNOR CHART STATS

SINGLES
8 TOP 40 HITS WITH 1 NUMBER ONE AND 3 FURTHER TOP 10s

ALBUMS
5 TOP 40 ALBUMS, PEAKING AT NUMBER 8

I didn't particularly like him (a bit SIMPERING, I thought), but I have fond memories of watching his chat show with my Gran :(

HE ALSO RELEASED THIS COVER OF THE NEIGHBOURS THEME TUNE IN 1988 WHICH PEAKED AT 100 IN THE SINGLES CHART

In 1997 Janet Jackson was on his show and I swear it is the only ever UK interview of hers I’ve seen where she was happy, relaxed and open!

I also thought he'd been dead for years. He always seemed like a very nice man though so RIP.

Dammit. I've had him on my deathlist for a few year but took him off because he seemed invincible.

HE DIED AFTER A FALL AT HOME APPARENTLY.

PERHAPS THE GHOST OF CILLA PUSHED HIM.

ACTUALLY, CAN GHOSTS PUSH PEOPLE?

PERHAPS CILLA WENT “WOOOOO!” TO DES AT THE TOP OF THE STAIRS CAUSING HIM TO STEP BACKWARDS IN A FRIGHT AND SUBSEQUENTLY FALL DOWN THE STAIRS.

I used to love watching his chat show as a child. Remember Whitney doing I Will Always Love You. And when he used to hide microphones down the back of the sofa and make guests sing with him. I’m sure I remember Davina McCall singing with him!

I rather liked Des. :(

Was he unwell? He hasn’t been on screen since that awful daytime tv show with Mel Sykes.

As well as thinking he was already dead, I just assumed he couldn't stand Mel like the rest of us.

I tried to find Kylie's performance of Step Back In Time on his show, which I know is on youtube somewhere, but can't find it.

Instead, this is the other memorable performance I associate with his show:

Do people not like Mel Sykes, then? I had no idea.

I've not liked her ever since she slagged Matt Le Blanc off on The Big Breakfast. It was up there with Claire Sweeney being upset that Richard Gere had no time for her saying she was a huge fan with all the sincerity you can imagine from that one.

Dammit. I've had him on my deathlist for a few year but took him off because he seemed invincible.

Well, at least this proves you're not killing them yourself this year...

...unless you're tying to throw us off the scent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom