Diana Ross - Thank You (new album, 5 November)

Tentatively excited. I genuinely thought she would never do another album and just live off touring for as long as she could

I know they had different sounds (and definitely different voices) but I would love something like Chaka Khan’s latest, which updated her sound without sounding like trend-chasing

Any word on the producers? She was supposed to be doing some stuff with Mark Ronson, which could be exciting if it came off.

Any word on the producers? She was supposed to be doing some stuff with Mark Ronson, which could be exciting if it came off.
Diana Ross sings “Thank You” to the world. “This collection of songs is my gift to you with appreciation and love. I am eternally grateful that I had the opportunity to record this glorious music at this time,” said Ms. Ross. Her new album, “Thank You” is scheduled for release this fall through Decca Records / Universal Music Group. The title track and first single,” Thank You,” will be available for streaming and download on June 17.

Recorded in her home studio, “Thank You" offers a powerful, inclusive musical message of love and togetherness. With its songs of happiness, appreciation and joy, it wholeheartedly acknowledges that we are in this all together. Her family, friends and loyal and loving audiences all around the globe have been an integral part of her wonderful life’s story. In this special moment, it is time to step into the light.

Ms. Ross co-wrote and collaborated on the 13 songs along with award-winning songwriters and producers including: Jack Antonoff, Troy Miller, Triangle Park, Spike Stent, Prince Charlez, Amy Wadge, Neff-U, Freddie Wexler, Jimmy Napes, Tayla Parx, Fred White, and Nathanial Ledgewick.

Let us come together in harmony and gratitude with Diana Ross now and for the future. “I dedicate this songbook of love to all of you, the listeners. As you hear my voice you hear my heart. "Let Love Lead the Way”

No Ronson but still looks PromisingTM

Hopefully better than the snorefest of "I Love You"

Hopefully better than the snorefest of "I Love You"
I'm hopeful, based on the lead track. Pretty much exactly what you'd expect a Diana mid tempo to sound like, but none the worse for it.

The only thing I remember from I Love You was this camp as tits EPK she released. :D

No Ronson but still looks PromisingTM

Oh has the work with Ronson suffered the same fate as the song written by James Newman which Diana declined to use despite really really liking (according to James Newman)? That's a pity.

The new song is quite good (it has a bit of You're All I Need to Get By about it in the verses I think) and I like the album cover.

'Thank you' is amazing. Quite possibly my favourite song of 2021 so far!

The Jax Jones remix is very good work indeed. Kupper I am still slightly unimpressed with after his lacklustre Diana remix project.

I prefer Thank You personally, but this absolutely hits a spot I thought she may never revisit.

I think Thank You hit the mark of being classic Diana but somewhat modernised. I wasn't completely convinced by the production of the new one on first listen, but I am coming round to it and the song is good enough.

It's good, so the album might actually be good :o

I read a rather negative review that picked out these two singles as early lively highlights before the album goes downhill - 'anodyne ballads' was the phrase used.

I rather love If The World Just Danced now, this was possibly helped by me saving it on Spotify directly after Don't Shoot Me Down :disco:

She does sound really good on the new songs I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom