Diana Ross - Thank You (new album, 5 November)

I’m currently amused by the entirely imagined (by me) notion of her signing them with “Di x”. It’s more likely to be a furiously scrawled “DR” except it’s not because nothing is signed :disco:

She'd better be bouncing on TV to that (original mix, ta Di). It's so chic. Omg, imagine she enlisted Nile and Daft Punk for another album after this.

All Is Well is definitely a dip compared to the previous two songs, and it sounds a bit strained in spots.

The song is quite nice but her voice is a little off-putting. It's better when she sings a bit lower, her higher register is a little squeaky at the moment

She's a vehicle of love. And speaking of vehicles, just don't ask her to recite the alphabet backwards whilst standing on one leg and don't ask her to sing in that key again. The elegance of the last one was a minor revelation, but this is an unflushable soggy tampon floater. Bring on the comedy Hex Hector remix please. Now go... GO! :disco:

The song is a definite step down from the first two, and the vocal quite uncomfortable.

that said, I just listened to If The World Just Danced. PISS WEAK!

stream the last Donna Summer album for clear skin and ACTUALLY BRILLIANT SONGS.

This remix slaps. Well, it doesn't. Perhaps more of a mild poke.

I think she sounds good at 77. At least she STILL HAS a higher register!

Ain’t No Salary High Enough

I'm Still Waiting (For A Pay Rise)

Laughing at the idea that the last Donna Summer album had brilliant songs. 13 years on and I've still never listened to it all in one sitting so thanks for the laugh tonight @Jark

I don't even remember what the last Donna album was.

DonnaSummerCrayons.jpg

Stamp Your Feet, Fame (The Game) and I'm a Fire were all fabulous.

this is how a disco diva does it 30 years later.

regardless of whether or not you think those songs on Crayons were great, the effort and craftsmanship that went into making an album that was contemporary and respectful of her legacy was 12455x whatever this Diana project is.

and the VOX!!! bitch still had it.

If the World Just Got As Rich As Me is already a certified classic in my book. That remix gives oomph, but there's something so slinky and discreet about the way the original maneuvers that I can't get enough of.

As for Ms. Summer, this is her last hurrah for me:

Stamp did its job, but nothing else I heard from the album quite put the work in.

I prefer the Brightman/Bocelli Con Te Partiro.

For some reason (:eyes: ) I keep forgetting this album is on the way.

I worry it’s going to be like when Bananarama released their album the same day as Madonna’s Confessions on a Dancefloor and the gay record budget clearly only stretched to one, leading to them going straight in at #112.

I've no idea what to expect for a Diana album in 2021. Radio 2 have certainly been good to her, but outside of that I've not seen or heard anything.

I worry it’s going to be like when Bananarama released their album the same day as Madonna’s Confessions on a Dancefloor and the gay record budget clearly only stretched to one, leading to them going straight in at #112.

Bar a few albums and GH's Diana's never really been a big album seller has she? I think it won't do much in the UK but probably more than ABBA in the US.

Bar a few albums and GH's Diana's never really been a big album seller has she? I think it won't do much in the UK but probably more than ABBA in the US.
On US amazon, Abba are #2 and Diana #79. It doesn't look like she's had a hit album there for decades.

I've no idea what to expect for a Diana album in 2021. Radio 2 have certainly been good to her, but outside of that I've not seen or heard anything.

I have seen TV Adverts!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom