Dick Tracy 'reunion'

Also - before this I genuinely though Leonard Maltin was dead for some reason.

How much money does he NEED to have to DEBASE HIMSELF like this for a LONG-FORGOTTEN comic book no-one gives a toss about?!

Well he's 85, it's probably the last time he'll be able to pull this stunt!

Didn’t realise Catherine O’Hara was in this.

I’ve only seen the film once way back in the day.

It's a TERRIBLE FAILURE on the SUPER MARIO BROS film scale considering the talent involved, it was only treated KINDER because of Beatty, Pacino. I believe Pacino even got nominated for an Oscar for being an absolute HAM on this :D:D:D

The best thing about it are obviously the Sondheim numbers and that it gave us VOGUE indirectly.

It's a TERRIBLE FAILURE on the SUPER MARIO BROS film scale considering the talent involved, it was only treated KINDER because of Beatty, Pacino. I believe Pacino even got nominated for an Oscar for being an absolute HAM on this :D:D:D

The best thing about it are obviously the Sondheim numbers and that it gave us VOGUE indirectly.
It did NOT give us Vogue! Vogue was just tagged onto the album to give it some extra sales. Vogue was written as a Like a Prayer era b-side, ridiculously.

And anyway, I like Dick Tracy. It wasn't as good as it should have been, but it was ok, and Madge is good in it, which I don't say lightly.

Last edited:
How much money does he NEED to have to DEBASE HIMSELF like this for a LONG-FORGOTTEN comic book no-one gives a toss about?!

Apparently it’s not money, it’s just pettiness

66741200-894A-48C0-9703-AAD418B05A06.jpeg

The original isn't even very good, so I don't know why he's so bothered. It's ugly as sin, terribly dull and he's like a plank of wood. Too bad given he's been great in the past.

Carrying around that amount of simmering rage after all these years can't be healthy :D

You'd think he would invite friends to work on it and have fun on them. I'm guessing he doesn't do this. Maybe Madge can do the 2027 one when the budget goes up.

I didn't realise this got 7 Oscar nominations and 3 wins (none for Warren :(). Maybe that's why he's so salty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom