Dido - Still On My Mind (Boring 5th Studio Album)

Listened to the album on the way home, luckily I didn’t fall asleep at the wheel due to boredom. The album should come with a warning not to operate heavy machinery whilst consuming

Well I just got back from a long BHW dog walk in the sunshine with this album on my Spotify and I had several moments.
Hurricane in particular was just.
I contemplated the trees, the leaves under my feet, the bluebells... for a few fleeting seconds, then tilted my head at the dog, smiled and we walked on.

Let me face
The sound
And
Fury

Ugh so boring! LOVE IT :disco:

new Dido feature on the Caroline Polachek album out today

I'm afraid it's not very boring though

Bit after the event, but I’m liking this one this morning, with goods provided free of charge (aside from the monthly subscription) on evil Spotify. God I love a Rollo production :disco:

I think this might be my favourite song of the last five years. Admittedly I’ve not thought about it much. Oh it really is FUCKING SUBLIME. Many congratulation to Dido for winning special award in unpopular gay chat monge :disco:

Which clubs?
040414_seal_hunt_vlrg_7a.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Dido back in the zeitgeist again thanks to THIS, which is currently climbing the Spotify charts.

This year it will be 5 years since Stillness On My Mind shouldn't we be getting a new one to NOD OFF to?

That song is diabolical. I'm a sucker for a sample/interpolation but this is not it.

I'm having a BORING SUNDAY and I do believe I'm going to stick this album on :disco: she's still on my mind (whenever I'm bored to death)

I've been having moments to Give You Up.

Next time I make threats to rip someone's heart out, I want to do it in a similarly dreamy and bored way so that they don't realise what's happening because they're asleep.

Queen of Placid Aggression!

Friends :disco: TUNE! that part of her voice she uses on the chorus is beyond lovely

See You When You're 40 is my favourite boring song.

I don't however approve of her live renditions where she dares to try to instill some LIFE via electric guitar.

Last edited:
Lost and all alone, alas not being comforted by strangers one will never need to know :(

currently dipping through the forgotten but really very enjoyable R PLUS album from 2020 - all the Dido tracks are great but god if ...On Back of a Scooter (Fast) doesn't send me OVER THE EDGE! :disco: *bleep bloop*

it truly is the aural equivalent of travelling on back of a scooter (fast)

Every Dido song title should finish with (fast) because it's literally the best word to describe what you're about to listen to

See You When You're 40 (Fast)
Don't Leave Home (Fast)
My Lover's Gone (Fast)
Give You Up (Fast)

:disco:

I'm quite minded to throw together an updated Dido Florian Cloud de Bounevialle Armstrong top 10 :disco: purely off the top of my head...

01 Sand in My Shoes
02 Stoned
03 Here With Me
04 Friends
05 Sitting on the Roof of the World
06 Thank You
07 Mary's in India
08= Take You Home
08= Still On My Mind
09 Take My Hand
10 Grafton Street

It's a struggle to complete a top ten without falling into BLISSFUL DREAMY SLUMBER

01. See You When You're 40 (very boring)
02. Stoned
03. Here With Me
04. Give You Up
05. The Day Before The Day
06. Isobel
07. End Of Night
08. All You Want
09. Grafton Street (out-Corrsing the Corrs)
10. My Lover's Gone

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom