Dilba - Try Again [MF 2011]

Everyday I'm shufflin...

• Total voters
This came on when I was treadmilling yesterday and I was reminded what an absolutely AMAZING track it is.

There is so much wrong with the performance it's hard to even know where to begin though. :D

The song is truly phenomenal.

Your boyfriend's impersonation of her painfully shuffling up the stairs and giving an agonized backwards GRIMACE to the Camera like a concentration camp prisoner taking a last look at freedom before being herded into the gas chamber is always the first thing that comes to mind when I play it. :D

But yes it's genuinely one of the best songs to be entered in MF in recent years, and it's a shame that it went SO SO wrong.

Last edited:
Great production, great lyrics but such a THOROUGHLY unengaging vocal, not just live but on the record as well. :(

Oh I LOVE the vocal on record. It wasn't even bad live (as it wasn't live)... it was everything else that was the problem.

Oh I think on record the minimalism of the track really suits her wispy little voice. A more strident vocalist wouldn't really work IMO.

Though God knows sounding like an asthmatic sparrow wasn't a great way to rack up the votes on the night.

That turn and 'smile'! :D It's like there's a pushy mother just back stage going 'Do the turn and smile! Like we practised! It'll dazzle them. DO IT! :hitler: '

I've seen more enthusiastic rictus grins.

That song is quite :disco: though.

If I could give this more than 12 I could. The instrumental version came on my ipod earlier today, that's amazing too.

Currently reliving this iconic disaster bop.

q3Q31QV.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom