Disco - Guest List Edition

GinAg (39)

User
Pronouns
He/Him
I know the singles have all been covered, but with the addition of some remixes, has Moopy really ignored a new Kylie release?

I'll take both the Basement Jaxx and F9 mixes over the Syn Cole one that was widely available previously. The Dance Floor Darling remix is very decent too.

Is Infinite Disco not available to stream?

The physical arrived yesterday, but I've not opened it yet. I'll happily watch the blu-ray again, but was hoping streaming would sort me for all the rest.

The extended version of Say Something apparently features a much more prominent choir. I'm a bit annoyed that some of the songs appear to be different mixes as opposed to extended cuts though - Miss A Thing being a case in point (gutted cos that's the one I was most looking forward to).

OMG at the extended mixes. :o I think you might actually attain MOKSHA listening to the extended version of Say Something. Categorically proves it’s her greatest song BAR NONE.

ugh, i want those extended mixes but i hate the album cover (passionately) and i see they've gone with the same picture. also, purple. also double lp. also monday blues, where does the dj go and unstoppable aren't fit on one side to be altogether ignored.

:evil:

I'm playing the extended mixes now and they're ALRIGHT ENOUGH but could have done with being a) longer and b) a bit more inventively extended.

Though I think on the whole, the extended mixes are really well done (save for Miss A Thing which entirely destroys the flow of the song) and I'm grateful for additional vocals and adlibs, I think I might have preferred if the original producers had undertaken them (clearly they've provided stems in this case though).

Someone called Guy Massey is responsible for these mixes.

Oh, I see he was responsible for the original mixing of the album. Fair enough then!

I do wonder if another Dannii duet was considered for this - it would have made sense given the other duets and fitted really well I would have thought

I do wonder if another Dannii duet was considered for this - it would have made sense given the other duets and fitted really well I would have thought

Why? No offence to her but when did Dannii last release something of note? She’s not exactly an active recording artist now.

But honestly, wasn’t 100 Degrees bad enough?

That sounds lovely

I'm SURE this won't stay vinyl-only for long
The intro (as used in Infinite Disco) is honestly so cinematically atmospheric, I don't know why they butchered it from the release version.

Sorry to be a debbie downer, but it just feels like this whole re-issue project could have been so much more than it's turned out to be... the fact that it may struggle to match the re-issue peak of Fever pretty much says it all.

There have been so many good releases recently it would have taken practically a whole new album of bonuses for me to bite again having already paid for the download, original deluxe cd and the streaming gig.

Sorry to be a debbie downer, but it just feels like this whole re-issue project could have been so much more than it's turned out to be... the fact that it may struggle to match the re-issue peak of Fever pretty much says it all.
it won't, and it doesn't. it's already sold 8.6k and will do 11-12k by week's end which is at least double what the Fever reissue did at #23.

that's great for a reissue that, let's face it, has strictly stanbase appeal only.

Or perhaps the fact that it has already outsold Fever in its reissue release week by about 150% says something else?

Last edited:
Complete travesty that two of the best songs on Disco, Miss A Thing and Real Groove have possibly the weakest extended versions. Missed opportunity.

I do like Magic a bit more on this though and Say Something is sublime in any form.

#7 in Aus and #10 UK this week! :disco:

hopefully OCC gives us an updated sales total...

Looking quite spectacular tonight at the British Fashion Awards:

Performing that Slow/LTLYB mashup too.

Reactions: COB
:D at Kylie posing and preening thinking they were taking photos and then being told they were shooting a video.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom