Disco - Guest List Edition

Well, I'm pleased about it at least! I didn't put out for the vinyl and wanted to hear these mixes :D

Yes, I wasn't bothering with the vinyl either, so I was glad to hear she was putting these on streaming.

We still don't have the Infinite Disco live versions though, do we?

Yes, I wasn't bothering with the vinyl either, so I was glad to hear she was putting these on streaming.

We still don't have the Infinite Disco live versions though, do we?
No - not yet. The DVD/Bluray could get a standalone release too :D

Magic sounds glorious in this stretched out version. I dismissed it as fluff when I first heard it (especially in the shadow of the epic Say Something), but it really is growing into quite the personal fave now :disco:

They could have done a bit of an effort with Dancefloor Darling :(

I don't know why it got such short shrift. The outro part doesn't seem to have been extended at all.

Contrast to Monday Blues which just goes on and on... I thought 'The WEEKEND!' was never going to end.

Anyway, I did a nice spot of disco housework to this after work tonight. Very pleased it is up on streaming, as I have resisted temptation of buying on vinyl and owning this album AGAIN. Shame it couldn't have been included with the Guest List CD/DVD/Blu-Ray.

I must say that while the chorus still isn't ideal, the extended Unstoppable definitely has more of a groove going on.

Just need an extended Kiss of Life now.

can't wait for the extended extended mixes album.

seriously, i love these. they could've done more but i doubt i'll listen to the originals now we have these. i didn't even loathe monday blues, just now. just quite disliked it.

oh and ffs i can't believe it's the same cover in another tint! that cover is all that's been stopping me buying this. am i the only one who hates it? and there are so many beautiful shots from this era!

artworks-iuOt1lBMigKgtOka-n0c81g-t500x500.jpg

i mean.

i want that in every tint.

know what, i just loved the extended mixes. there isn't a single song that doesn't sound x10. i don't even mind my sworn enemies (dj and blues) and the otherwise unremarkable unstoppable is right as rain. definitely up there with my favourite kylie records now.

why isn't there an extended mixes thread? there should be!

know what, i just loved the extended mixes. there isn't a single song that doesn't sound x10. i don't even mind my sworn enemies (dj and blues) and the otherwise unremarkable unstoppable is right as rain. definitely up there with my favourite kylie records now.

why isn't there an extended mixes thread? there should be!
They have completely reinvigorated and extended the shelf life of the album for me. I suspect I'll probably never go back to the standard.

Safe to say these sold well under expectation - I note you've already found the 5-disc version for £16 but I just scored the double CD for £4.99.

Safe to say these sold well under expectation - I note you've already found the 5-disc version for £16 but I just scored the double CD for £4.99.
Also the standard is £2.99 with any purchase at HMV. I ordered the 5 disc edition and then the new Joan Armatrading to bring me to the free delivery mark.

Ooft!

The HMV sale is a bit crap but it tells you what stock they don't expect to shift - Ed Sheeran at £7.99 but no reduction on Adele. Usefully, they've also taken a clutch of 2021 albums down by a few quid so I scored Can "Live In Stuttgart 1975" for 8.99, down from 15.99.

When I looked on amazon (who I think largely just mirror HMV when sales are on), Adele was the only recent release I checked which wasn't reduced. In fact I think her price had actually increased, at least temporarily.

I feel like I'm being quite negative whenever I pop into this thread, but Kylie is generally an easy sell for me and I LOVE the main album, but I've felt no desire to invest in this based on the measly three new tracks, of which only one is particularly good. Missed opportunity.

I wouldn't have bothered but for the Infinite Disco DVD/blu-ray. The 2 CD version alone wouldn't have tempted me.

Yes nearly all the big releases bar Adele are discounted to some degree in the sales (ABBA, Sheeran, Coldplay, Little Mix). I haven't seen Adele below a tenner I think.

I thought the HMV sale was pretty decent, especially by their recent standards. I've picked up quite a few things between HMV and Amazon.

up 23 spots to 28 this week. 2499 sold including 1.2k vinyl.

Golden can't be more than 165k?
157k according to Wikipedia. But the article it cites as a source (a Music Week article from October 2020) doesn't actually quote a figure.

1,216 of Disco’s sales in the latest frame are from vinyl, making it No.1 in the format this week, and taking its 12” sales to-date to 28,372 – enough to rank 12th in the overall 2020s vinyl list.

1,216 of Disco’s sales in the latest frame are from vinyl, making it No.1 in the format this week, and taking its 12” sales to-date to 28,372 – enough to rank 12th in the overall 2020s vinyl list.

I wonder how many individual people own the album, though? Because LET’S FACE IT, you have to divide that figure at least by four to cover the loon purchases.

I wonder how many individual people own the album, though? Because LET’S FACE IT, you have to divide that figure at least by four to cover the loon purchases.
who cares? the chart is not about individual buyers!

everybody is doing multi formats but very few female popstars are doing these numbers these days.

Apart from anything else, is there any point thinking that way when streaming is included in the chart anyway? I'm quite happy for repeat sales to be included when my three copies of Disco is offset multiple times by the entirely passive streaming sales someone like Ed Sheeran or Adele is getting.

Oh I’ve got nothing against it PER SE but it’s hardly a sign of her amazing popularity. She’s just got an older, gayer fan base with more cash than most and is able to exploit that.

Question: how many 'units' does the Disco Guest Edition CD/DVD combo translate into in terms of sales? The reason I ask is that there are about 4 'copies' of Disco in that single package. I hope Miss Minogue isn't being cheeky with her numbers :eyes:

Question: how many 'units' does the Disco Guest Edition CD/DVD combo translate into in terms of sales? The reason I ask is that there are about 4 'copies' of Disco in that single package. I hope Miss Minogue isn't being cheeky with her numbers :eyes:
It would still only be one sale, wouldn't it? It has one barcode, therefore it's one item and one sale.

It's not like when Steps bundled together those 5 CDs for £20 where they are five different copies sold as one bundle, but still 5 sales - and presumably why when I ordered those various Voyage bundles that despite only ordering three bundles, the invoice showed 20 (or whatever it was) items, so they all counted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom