Disney's Cruella (Emma Stone IS Cruella de Vil!)

Yes Emma chew that scenery :disco:

I hope they don't do a Malificent and make her a KIND-HEARTED puppy-murderess.

this looks like some UTTER camp as tits, nobody bothered to write a story, just give Emma Stone the opportunity to chew the scenery at every turn NONSENSE! :disco:

SURELY nobody outside of gays and middle aged women will pay to see it!

what's with the shots of dalmatians racing out of the mansion like bloodhounds? :D and why does she now have magical dress-changing powers?

So this is apparently out now in cinemas and on Disney+ "premiere access" (AKA pay an additional charge to see it on top of the subscription). From what I've read online it begins with
a flashback featuring Cruella's parents being KILLED BY DALMATIANS :basil: :goodgrief:

I also wanted to share this review, which hits all the important points I think:

This is apparently 2 hours and fifteen minutes and well I don’t want to to waste that kind of time of this kind of movie.

Why wait?
Alas I'm currently at the cinema for nomadland

20210529_184431.jpg

This was entertaining. All the best bits are obviously in the trailer and it was refreshing to see Emma Thompson in a baddie role. Liked how it set it up mid credit sequence for another adaptation of 101 Dalmations.

Where's the POLL?!

I thought this was great fun! Maybe 15-20 minutes too long, but the two Emmas hammed it up nicely against each other throughout.

Sounds very Wicked where they rewrite the history of a major villain. Although with SLIGHTLY LESS NUANCE

Certainly not! *clutching fake pearls*

Just thought I'd offer an ill informed opinion anyway as A) I don't like Emma Stone and B) she's totally miscast for the role.

Amen and major :D at the idea that she is capable of eating the scenery.

This was fun, albeit it hangs almost entirely off of Emma Thompson’s performance, and definitely needed an edit. There’s just no need for a story like this to be coming in at nearly 2.5 hours.

I'd been putting this off because sure, a hot mess might be good, but 2hr 17, hmm..

BUT! I thoroughly enjoyed it :D Not the greatest thing in the world, but Emma and Emma both chewed the scenery like it was Jurassic Park, and never more than 20 minutes went by without something ludicrously gay happening. Although that didn't include actually saying the much-trumpeted First Ever Gay In A Disney Movie Yes We Know LeFou Didn't Count was actually gay or not.

Anyway, I would actually recommend to anyone who likes drag stunts and ostentatiously camp British accents

the mad triad of psychopathic dalmatians on a killing spree during the young cruella flashbacks at the absurd Marie Antoinette party were :D :D :D

Cruelle is such an Emily Blunt role. I think they made the film too young. Emma Stone is a fabulous actress but she's not unhinged enough

It’s good, very good in places, but it is far too long. I was conned into going to the cinema (and Mayfair Curzon at that - classic sleeping butt territory) when I thought it would be watched on Disney+

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom