Disney's Encanto

He wants five babies...

• Total voters
This was cute in a very low-stakes sort of way. I liked it far more than the overly convoluted Soul.

Your mileage on Lin Manuel Miranda's music may vary, but it seems to be doing the most chart business of an animated feature since Frozen.

We Don't Talk About Bruno is currently top 30 on Spotify.

I thought this was okay and watchable. Great animation, beautiful animation.

The Bruno song is good, though I wish it would pop off a bit more towards the end. The "He told me..." bit from 2:15 is the best bit but too short. I also really liked the Spanish language song and it made me think Spain would do very well at Eurovision with that kind of thing.

The story really didn't do it for me but I've been reading how much it's resonating with Colombian audiences in terms of their culture etc which is great so an extra 0.5 for that

6.5/10

Oh dear indeed

I've volunteered myself for this

Luisa's song is a bit heartbreaking :(

Give it to your sister, it doesn’t hurt and
See if she can handle every family burden
Watch as she buckles and bends but never breaks

Reactions: dUb
I saw it in the cinema, I loved it, but I think it was more down to the great soundtrack rather than the movie itself. A rewatch on Disney+ confirmed it. A solid 7.

I didn’t mind it, I think it just washed over me a bit. There was a half decent idea in there but it never quite fully materialised.

I like that the lead character is Rosa from Brooklyn 99 though.

This was cute but the plot is really a big jumbled mess that kinda fizzles in the end.

There are 3 great songs (the opener, Louisa and Bruno). Lin Manuel Miranda works better in these animated movies because a. You don’t see that annoying mugging that he does and b. The over earnestness works for these movies

They must be kicking themselves for not submitting it for the Oscar’s.

We Don't Talk About Bruno is #2 in the US :o I didn't see that coming, when was the last Disney #1 in USA, Aladdin's theme? And with an ensemble cast, not sure if that happened before.

Finally saw this last night and I surprisingly I found it ENJOYABLE and I'm probably gonna watch it again.

I couldn't stand the Bruno song before, but now in the context of the movie I can say it kinda bops. *Swings from grape vine*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom