Diversity on Britain's Got Talent

What do you think of Diversity on BGT?

• Total voters

I apologise if this has been discussed ELSEWHERE, but I must confess I don't read most threads outside of pop, Housewives and Eurovision :eyes:

ANYWAY, 15,000+ complaints to Ofcom later: what do you think of this performance?

Last edited:
Personally, I think it was incredibly powerful (GOOSEBUMPS throughout), easy-to-digest and an absolutely benefical and relevant use of the platform offered.

Minus points for a slight JESUS COMPLEX

Strikes me as more idiot sheep complaining as the media gives publicity to the initial complaints when it aired, which was also definitely the case for the whole Russell Brand/Andrew Sachs thing too.

I’ve only seen a short clip (because who actually watches Britain’s Got Talent now?) but it looked like an excellent and powerful performance.

Last edited:
I agree with Lolly. It's sad that so many people feel compelled to complain, but maybe that reaction is necessary to bring attention to why we need more discussion and visibility of this on mainstream television.

I would like to see what the actual complaints made are. Are people bent up about the reenactment of George Floyd and the police?

Just watched it all. The sad little people complaining about this are probably the ones that just want black entertainers to shut up and perform but not actually express themselves through their talent. Also they don’t want to have to explain to their 6 year olds what it all means, when their children probably have a better capacity to understand than they do.

I’ve seen quite a few triggered comments along the lines of IT WAS ALL POLITICAL - BLM ARE RADICAL MARXISTS!!!

:goodgrief:

Terry Brexit, Essex, 8pm watching the news: "Look at all these so-called protesters, bloody snowflakes, is that you lot triggered now ha ha ha, ALL lives matter! now back to your safe spaces, God help us if there's a war..."

Terry Brexit, Essex, 8.30pm, watching BGT: "Pass me the phone Margaret, I do not like this piece of dancing I have chosen to watch"

Jolly good.

Now, will the stupid fucking cunts move on and get stuck in to Alex Scott replacing Sue Barker on a Question Of Sport, or will they manage to be outraged at both?

I got a random tweet this morning from someone asking me why I enjoyed Sophie Duker's "racist" comedy. Had a look, classic gammon profile, anti-mask etc so I blocked him but wondered why it had taken someone 2 weeks to complain about be stanning her. Turns out it was a newspaper story complaining that she'd used the phrase "kill whitey". Actually, it was Frankie Boyle (on his show) but she used it for one of her jokes so she's the baddie.
So it looks like the gammon army marches on.

I see some people are now complaining that Alesha Dixon apparently wore a BLM necklace on the show last night. Apparently that isn't the place for it.

I bet they are the same people who object when people don't wear a poppy.

The uproar is outrageous, although it just shows how successful the right wing press has been at diminishing and undermining BLM and its aims.

Last edited:
It shows you that people see "politics" where they want to. "I don't want politics on my Saturday night television! Now, pass me the remote, I'm going to sing along with "Rule Britannia" on the Last Night of The Proms"

I don't mean to speak ill of anyone, but every person who complained about this is a fucking cunt who deserves nothing but a life of misery and regret.

Seriously, fuck the public. Complaining to bastarding OFCOM rather than spend a couple of minutes being reminded that black lives actually do matter; it's no fucking wonder this country's sliding down the shitter.

I have to say I'm impressed by the way ITV have handled the matter, particularly the full page adverts in (I believe) every national paper yesterday in support of it.

I can only imagine the gammon response to that had it been the BBC.

This is the issue. ITV are a commercial broadcaster. As long as the advertisers are happy, they'll feel no need to react to the criticism. But BBC, being public funded, can't do the same and have to be seen to take complaints - especially at volume - seriously. Net result; they over-react to please an audience who can never be satisfied. Meanwhile, ITV are sitting over there going "don't like it? change the channel, ya fud."

Imagine having nothing better to do with your time than complain about stuff like this. Although the thought of an army of gammon being sufficiently wound up to complain about it does make me chuckle though.

Ofcom have received more than 1900 complaints about Alesha Dixon wearing a Black Lives Matter necklace on Saturday's show.

Fuck all of these people with a pineapple dipped in vinegar.

Ofcom have received more than 1900 complaints about Alesha Dixon wearing a Black Lives Matter necklace on Saturday's show.

Fuck all of these people with a pineapple dipped in vinegar.
Can these idiots have their own track and trace app when they make a compliant so the rest of us can stay away from them?

Reading that, it really just confirms how broken our prison system is and how poor mental heath treatment is

"They sent thousands of angry letters, hopefully, if I annoy them today, they can progress on to words.’

Ha! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom