Do you know which Kylie song was a missed opportunity?

I remember when I first heard the clip on the Aphrodite megamix just before the album came out

I thought straight away it would be my fave but it gets a bit loud and vulgar as it goes on

For me it's a great song in search of - but never finding - a great chorus. The intro, verses, bridge AND middle eight are all so strong, but then each time the chorus kicks in it sounds like Kylie's having to MAKE IT UP ON THE SPOT

For me it's a great song in search of - but never finding - a great chorus. The intro, verses, bridge AND middle eight are all so strong, but then each time the chorus kicks in it sounds like Kylie's having to MAKE IT UP ON THE SPOT

This is pretty much spot on tbh

Couldn't have put it better MYSELF

This is the Jake Shears one right?

Good track, couldn't be a SINGAL cos she gave it away with the STOP FUCKING HATE at the time, if I remember rightly

This is the Jake Shears one right?

Good track, couldn't be a SINGAL cos she gave it away with the STOP FUCKING HATE at the time, if I remember rightly
You remember rightly @Halli

It was free with the STOP FUCKING HATE ON SUNDAY

on the whole however Aphrodite is a bit of a WET BAGUETTE
A few tracks aside it's just not very memorable and Stuart Price's production doesn't help. It's her weakest Parlophone offering (for me).

I still really like Aphrodite and it's definitely better than Kiss Me Once, at the very least. It also has what that album doesn't- some 10/10, stone cold Kylie classic moments.

I love the Aphrodite title track more than anything else on the album. That era mostly passed me by though because I missed the tour and had a lot of crap personal issues at the time. I just never really went back to it.

I nearly missed the tour but managed to purchase a ticket last minute and ended up on the floor but right at the back. That probably spoiled my enjoyment somewhat.

I think Kylie releasing Better Than Today as a single made me realise just how little I cared for the album.

First concert I ever saw :disco:

Half the album is top notch. The other half is just so meh. But overall it’s moderately enjoyable with some big highs and reasonably cohesive.

I just think the production of much of Aphrodite is really cheap sounding. It makes a clutch of songs which are pretty decent quite unpleasant to listen to.

I just think the production of much of Aphrodite is really cheap sounding. It makes a clutch of songs which are pretty decent quite unpleasant to listen to.
I think this is it in a nutshell.

ok,but I have ears and prefer it to Golden :gross:

Can't beat the feeling, Cupid boy, Too Much, Get Outta My Way ugh :Douze:

ok,but I have ears and prefer it to Golden :gross:

Can't beat the feeling, Cupid boy, Too Much, Get Outta My Way ugh :Douze:
No lies detected.

Aphrodite may not be top tier Kylie, but it has some pretty great bops, bangers and moments.

1. Disco
2. Kiss Me Once
3. Aphrodite
4. Golden

But I don't go back to Aphrodite much

Disco, KMO, Aphrodite are all about on par for me. Golden lags somewhat behind and lacks the highs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom