Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness

dodgy wigs notwithstanding

• Total voters
There were quite a few male Wandas yesterday at the PRIDE parade! How did she end up being such an icon for Gays??

There were quite a few male Wandas yesterday at the PRIDE parade! How did she end up being such an icon for Gays??

Why would the gays be attracted to a misunderstood female protagonist who goes evil? Is that the question?

hopefully, they DID film it and it's on the DVD. PUSSIES.
I think they did film it but they haven't put in on the DVD/BluRay. They did talk about the scenes in the commentary though.

This is from one of the posters:
QQAhKZr.jpg

I watched this last night. As someone who's watched most of the MCU films but doesn't know anything about Wandavision, X-Men etc. most of it sailed way over my head. It was like there was an ongoing in-joke that I wasn't part of.

I watched this last night. As someone who's watched most of the MCU films but doesn't know anything about Wandavision, X-Men etc. most of it sailed way over my head. It was like there was an ongoing in-joke that I wasn't part of.
:D

I liked this because I liked Wandavision. I can't imagine it would make much sense otherwise.

This is increasingly the problem with the MCU. Watch hours of all these TV series to make sure you get a few references in the films AND/OR to cover major plot developments. It still feels like the current phase is building up to nothing of consequence (or coherence).

I Feel that Phase 4 has consisted of a good amount of stand alone films and shows if you're not into that Chris; Shang Chi, Thor, Moon Knight, Ms. Marvel, and Eternals 😵

I Feel that Phase 4 has consisted of a good amount of stand alone films and shows if you're not into that Chris; Shang Chi, Thor, Moon Knight, Ms. Marvel, and Eternals 😵
You're right but how is the average viewer supposed to know what's accessible and what isn't?

I honestly wouldn't have minded a "previously on wandavision" recap for the first five minutes just to enhance the rest of it.

Also I have the sense (although being in the dark I don't know for sure) that this film had massive spoilers about the end of Wandavision so there's less point watching it now.

Well, Vision and the kids are DEAD, so :basil:

Seriously though, watch Wandavision, Elizabeth Olsen is amazing in it, it has good cameos and the storyline is one of the best MCU tv shows so far. (But then again proving your point, you should watch Age Of Ultron, Infinity War, and Endgame in order to know what the hell is going on).

Also I have the sense (although being in the dark I don't know for sure) that this film had massive spoilers about the end of Wandavision so there's less point watching it now.
Actually even if you've seen Wandavision there's a chunk that feels like is missing regarding Wanda's motivations/transition to what she has become since we last saw her. You can fill in the blanks, sure and they mention the influence of the Darkhold multiple times in the film but we really needed to SEE something, maybe some flashbacks of what happened between Wandavision and MoM.

Do they still do those little 'story so far' recaps on Disney+? I think they're just to tie in to the various streaming series, but it would be a good idea for them to expand them and do one to coincide with each new movies as well. Comic books often have a little recap blurb at the start of each issue, so they could be a video version of that :D

Do they still do those little 'story so far' recaps on Disney+? I think they're just to tie in to the various streaming series, but it would be a good idea for them to expand them and do one to coincide with each new movies as well. Comic books often have a little recap blurb at the start of each issue, so they could be a video version of that :D

They do these 7-10 minute summaries for each character, do you mean those?

Yeah, those are going to become more and more necessary as time goes on I think :D

Wandavision was incredible. One of my favourite TV shows of recent years.

But I do agree that the longer MCU goes in the harder it is to follow. Even for me who’s seen every film, I’m constantly playing catch up trying to fit what goes on between movies in the TV shows (Wanda is the only one I’ve seen) and the increasing amount of Easter eggs makes it feel like you’re crashing someone else’s party

I think at some point, maybe by the end of phase 5 going into phase 6, they need to do a reset. Bring a new generation of fans in.

I really enjoyed this but the jarring thing for me was that they spent an entire TV series building up Wanda as a sympathetic, layered anti-heroine only for a movie to undo it by immediately turning her into a full on murderous villain. I get the attempts at some layers and conflict in the film but it was all very secondary. She went from avenger to world destroyer in one scene. I preferred TV Wanda.

The major flaw of the multiverse is that becomes a bit like Westworld where the characters can die and not die so many times that you lose interest and attachment to them. Hopefully they don’t go too far down that rabbit hole.

Apart from THAT it was a fun watch.

Her gay kids still need to be MADE REAL, for one! And once Doom has been introduced there's no way they won't do some sort of Children's Crusade adaptation, I reckon.

TV Wanda might have had sympathetic reasons for her actions but she still mind raped a town. I look forward to seeing her in whatever she's going to turn up in next, but the character is going to need to be in serious atonement mode. I'll be annoyed if they just say that she's not possessed by the evil book anymore and so is immediately forgiven.

Reactions: COB
TV Wanda might have had sympathetic reasons for her actions but she still mind raped a town. I look forward to seeing her in whatever she's going to turn up in next, but the character is going to need to be in serious atonement mode. I'll be annoyed if they just say that she's not possessed by the evil book anymore and so is immediately forgiven.
This was just her......being.......REASONABLE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom