Doctor Who - 2023 and beyond (THE CHURCH ON RUBY ROAD, Christmas Day 5:55pm on BBC1!)

My first instinct was she's a paradox dropped off by herself, but we shall see

Oh didn't realise there was more after the credits...!!

Episode was light, fun and I enjoyed watching our leads singing back to the goblins :D Enjoying Ruby's extended family too, both mum and gran.

Very interested to see where the Antia Dobson, baby at the church, and mavity stuff all come together - assuming we'll get hints throughout, RTD-style.

I have to say though, it really is shocking how much better acted, directed and produced this was than the Chibnall years. I try not to just hate on him for no reason, but it's been so noticeable. And for 3 episodes we could say 'ah it's cos it's Tennant and Tate and they were the dream team'... but no... we now have a completely new Doctor and companion and they STILL have remarkably better rapport than Doctor 13/Yaz/Ryan/Graham/Dan ever had.

I notice people on twitter saying the 'mavity' thing is just an in-Doctor Who joke, but I just feel with RTD there'll be some unravelling of something as simple as that, some time down the line...

God I love her already :D
1000033061.jpg

The feeling I get with the mavity thing, the timeless child route being kept and the "oops I made fantasy stuff real now" is that it's all going to be kept that way. New-new-Who is set in the "Whoniverse", distinct from the real universe, from the soft reboot onwards, with the Chibnall years and the specials being a transition period.

It also allows in-universe Earth to become more aware of it all, rather than the Harry Potter style thing of trying to pretend it's in the real world but people forget or have perception filters etc.

He'd have walked up like "so you want something to eat? We'll eat this, baby!" and shit in his mouth

....and that's just when talking to RTD

Not seen that verified by BARB. The tweet does quote a source, but that takes me to a messageboard you need to be logged into.

I thought it pretty grovyyy kooll ok sinning 🤔😳😂 on canny ware new searis ever be

Tom & jerrys on boomerang
Yesssa
Kool yoooo

Reactions: COB
Weren't there rumours that her Ncuti hated each other? This isn't going to help that.

I hadn't heard anything about those rumours :shock: Interesting that she'll still pop in for a few episodes - similar to how things were with Martha, maybe.

People are losing their shit over this and the timing of its release…! Like GET A GRIP. Just watch it when you get up in the morning. 😂 or stay up… Jesus!

I've seen crazy discourse about it! I know it's a show people are passionate about, but there's a massive sense of entitlement about it.

I suppose it is a further death knell for linear TV, and as I watch so little now when it's actually live broadcast, I'm kind of over that, but to me it genuinely feels MORE exciting now when things are dropped like this.

Our COB had best come back before the next series. It doesn't feel right to be posting this myself:

Some ropey (Marvel standard!) CGI aside, I think it looks smashing.

Our COB had best come back before the next series. It doesn't feel right to be posting this myself:

Some ropey (Marvel standard!) CGI aside, I think it looks smashing.

I just came to post think after seeing Jinkx post it on Instagram, but though lt without COB to react to it, it won't be the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom