Doja Cat

Is Doja Cat:

• Total voters
So Say So is now officially TOP 90 in the UK, which I think means she's progressed from some sort of previously-cancelled internet novelty to fully-fledged future pop star..?

Say So is basically EVERYTHING good about Kim Petras distilled into one song (it's produced by Dr Luke under a different name but lets conveniently IGNORE that)

And if you don't know Mooo! then quite frankly, bitch get out my hay. :disco:

Say So is just wonderful. What's the Dr Luke connection? Is he still involved a la Kim Petras or...?

Cyber Sex is incredible. As is this new one from the Birds of Prey soundtrack

it's almost too much :disco:

Say So is now top 20 on global Spotify, video coming today. Here's her very smooth performance on Fallon last night

I love that she can sing AND rap well. Say So sounds like it's a feature but it's all her.

i quite like say so. it's easy and bouncy and what lion babe should be doing instead of whatever it is that they actually are (shudder).
as for her, not into the trashy pneumatic sex kitten vibe.

she's blowing up so fast right now. Say So just cracked top 10 on global Spotify.

here's a "live" performance with a very unusual setup weirdly reminiscent of Janft dancing in a bowl of milky coco pops in the Feedback video

A bit like Ava Max on steroids with a big budget, non?

Not for me! But enjoy it while it lasts 'huns'...

Maybe not but my point I guess was that she comes across as a flavour of the month. I doubt we'll be talking about her this time next year.

* cut to Moopy in 2050 when Doja Cat is acknowledged as this generation's Madonna while Suedey is soiling himself in a retirement home or rotting in a grave somewhere *

Anyway, everytime I see her name I just think of dosa (yum) rather than a pop star. And then you have 'cat' afterwards which is just WTF as fuck.

Stupid name - she should change it; no one will ever take her seriously with that name. It's hardly PJ Harvey is it?

* cut to 2050 when Doja Cat releases her most introspective, 16-hour song cycle concept multidimensional immersion experience while Suedey's bed sores get infected *

Don't be ridiculous, this is the Say So thread - just change the title and lose the poll

There's been a lot debate about the sampling. Someone called Saint Pepsi accused her of not crediting their sample, but I can only really hear the same chords, not so much a whole sample. Although I dunno at what point a song becomes a "sample".

There's been a lot debate about the sampling. Someone called Saint Pepsi accused her of not crediting their sample, but I can only really hear the same chords, not so much a whole sample. Although I dunno at what point a song becomes a "sample".

This is more of an interpolation (and more expensive) since it's repeated over and over through the song. A sample would be a shorter bit and/or quoting lyrics from another song (??) + cheaper payment

Anyone heard this song yet?

I was reading online that people are mistaking it for a Kylie song, so I thought I’d check it out.

You know what. It sounds EXACTLY like Kylie. Like something she would’ve released around the Body Language error. Has kinda a Chocolate’y vibe to it, but more dance’y. I swear - if you close your eyes, you can’t not picture Kylie!

Only non-Kylie thing about the song is the rap (which again, could be mistaken for Nikki Minaj!). Kylie doesn’t really feature rappers apart from in Shocked, if I’m not mistaken.

Really kinda wish it was a true Kylie song. Such a laid back feel good summery chill track. Kylie needs to duet with her on this some time!

lol she's exactly what we need right now. She's full of essential shenanigans.

This is iconic.
wVUxsSO.gif

"Say So" is #1 on the Hot 100 this week. It's Nicki's first #1 too.

In other news, Drake ties Madonna's record for most top tens. :(

It's weird that this is number 1 now when I remember this being a hit before the apocalypse happened. The charts move like treacle these days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom