Donna Summer - Encore (THIRTY-THREE DISC box set)

It is currently number one on the Amazon best selling list. Oh no, it going to sell out?

*panic buys*

:evil:

WHY CAN'T THEY JUST DO THE CASABLANCA ALBUMS WITH ALL THE SINGLE EDITS AS EXTRA TRACKS THERE ARE LOADS MISSING FROM THOSE BONUS DISCS

I really want it but I’m so annoyed for £170 it’s not going to be complete.

I can’t decide whether to go for it or not.

I should add I've obviously not pre ordered it for me.

Although I just remembered I did it on my amazon account, so I'd better remember to change those payment details.

Some people might prefer the albums as they were on disc, but I say fill em up. The space given to the new mixes released on the remix album feels a bit of a waste too.

Of the later stuff I'd have quite liked The Power of One (the ridiculous remix not the boring regular version). I blame pesky Pokemon rights issues.

(As I just did, because your panic buying got me worried... :D )

It's been £170 on amazon since I first saw it last Friday, i think. When the SDE article said it was limited to 1500, I headed straight there to preorder it as I was worried it would either sell out or demand would drive up the price at least.

And it has got a LOVELY cover.

Just ordered it! I was waiting for a Casablanca set to come out and as one hadn't appeared I was going to get the Japanese re-issues, that would have been around £100 or so for the lot, so it doesn't seem THAT much more to get this set. It's a shame it isn't complete though. Do we know what's missing?

I just want all those CONDENSED versions of songs like SPRING AFFAIR off my scratchy old charity shop 7"s

If they can do it for BARRY I don't see why they can't do it for DON

Oh they’ll come alright. There’s going to be a damned lot more milking of this lot yet to come, believe me.

TBH I'd rather have remastered and expanded vinyl versions of her early FABULOUS disco concept albums.

Imagine pristine versions of 'Working The Midnight Shift' & 'Now I Need You' with that artwork in MINT QUALITY :disco: :disco:

I’ve got all her albums on vinyl and they’re all pretty good sounding anyway.

I wonder if there’s even the remotest bit of recorded but unreleased disco anywhere :disco:

IMPROMPTU DONNA STUDIO ALBUM RANKING

1. Bad Girls
2. Once Upon A Time
3. Four Seasons Of Love
4. A Love Trilogy
5. Love To Love You Baby
6. Cats Without Claws
7. Another Place And Time
8. I Remember Yesterday
9. I'm A Rainbow
10.Donna Summer
11.She Works Hard For The Money
12.All Systems Go
13.Crayons
14.The Wanderer
15.Mistaken Identity
16.Lady Of The Night

(I've never heard Christmas Spirit)

I only did the first three albums in my rate and then stopped. BUT this seems the perfect time to restart it. I will do so once the Box Set is Chez Moi!

Someone get them to immediately halt production of the box set and find room for this:

Yes, that was mentioned on the superdeluxeedition post and is a GLARING omission, in any form.

I think both of these are new to me:

What a random looking compilation.

Pretty much Stamp Your Feet with a more relaxed chorus.

I wonder if this is still going to appear next week, even if we aren't on lockdown yet?

My order is still showing as expected, I noticed...

Yes I saw mine is still apparently on track too. I am semi hopeful that I'll have a nice fancy box to pore over.

mus000631456.jpg

WHATEVER NEXT :D

Good luck with getting through THAT lot

Yes I saw mine is still apparently on track too. I am semi hopeful that I'll have a nice fancy box to pore over.

I've got a book pre-order which has changed to 'we'll notify you when this is available', so I'm choosing to remain hopeful for this.

Amazon have stopped getting new stock in apparently, as they’re concentrating efforts on things that they consider essential to people getting through Corona.

How that DOESN’T include a Donna Summer box set I don’t know...

My Sister Sledge box set was sent out with no problems this week, mind, so fingers crossed.

My Sister Sledge box set was sent out with no problems this week, mind, so fingers crossed.

I didn't bother ordering that, despite not having the last three albums. I haven't bought the albums collection they did for The Emotions either, though I keep on looking at it. I'll no doubt decide I really must have them when they are less easily obtained.

I sold one of the Sister Sledge albums this set contains for £30 on Discogs, so it’s paid for itself...

I think it depends on how far into the chain something had got...sometimes the stock is in the warehouse weeks in advance of the release date, other times it can be sent out with just a day or two to spare.

But with an Amazon exclusive, you're tied. I got my cute-as Primitives box set from the label and they're still operating mail order at the mo'.

mus000631456.jpg

WHATEVER NEXT :D

Good luck with getting through THAT lot

What the FUCK? I never knew they had that many albums...and one of them seems to be called "Cruisin'"!! Also, what in the actual hell is going on with the sleeve second from the right? The combination of their weird New Romantic and the album next to it seemingly being called "Fox On The Box" has weirded me right out.

I’ve got most of those albums on vinyl and I think I like them all :disco:

What the FUCK? I never knew they had that many albums...and one of them seems to be called "Cruisin'"!! Also, what in the actual hell is going on with the sleeve second from the right? The combination of their weird New Romantic and the album next to it seemingly being called "Fox On The Box" has weirded me right out.

A misguided attempt to stay relevant post “disco sucks” basically. Massive flop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom