Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Personally its by far my favourite Melo entry since Mariette's A Million Years :disco:

That last minute with the strings, and foliage, and fireflies is just PERFECTION :disco: :disco:

Unfortunate HAIR WHIRL in the opening shot however :D and it must be quite annoying to perform live with the vocal starting from the first second.

Well it’s an 8 from me but I don’t seem to have that option :bad:

My favourite song of 2019, bar none. Heartbreaking, resilient perfection. Like Survivor, but without the diva strutting there to possibly make you forget that all of that, at the end of the day, really can only come from a place of great pain to begin with. The sweep of the strings in the final minute is just gods and away, and the lyrics written down have a fantastic emotional power - uncontrolled tears because you never thought you'd see the daylight again level power.

I think a total gutpunch, full-powered version of Ashes to Ashes would've had to be by someone who either stared death in the face or became a national punchline, like Kikki Danielsson or Anna Book, but it worked just as well by someone who shamed her nation at its greatest sport, and I look forward to crying all May as Anna completes her redemption narrative and wins Eurovision with Kingdom Come :disco:

Apologies to @dUb who now looks like he's given it zero, but I just couldn't with that out of sequence poll.

I loved it. And there was such a sense of joy and relief in her early performances that it wasn't a flop which makes it even more endearing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom