Drag Race UK: Queens on Lockdown

Why is everyone’s hair so bad? Like some of them can be easier on the eye if they didn’t look like they have dead rats on their heads.

Were Lawrence and Sister even in the thing? Did they not give them footage.

That ramen sandwich was the grossest thing I’ve seen. Tayce without the big hoodies looks a bit malnourished.

I felt bad for Ellie, she seemed to be so hard hit financially.

But the queens were supposed to have their outfits even before there was a pandemic?

But he said they had seven months to 'step it up' or whatever. I think the issue is that he expected them, without any chance to work over the period, to invest in BETTER outfits than they already had. And Joe only had a one-in-three chance of returning.

Not that Tia bringing that ice cream outfit in the first place wasn't RIDICULOUS :D

They were given extra time to prepare. It’s not a matter of money but of taste and dedication.

Finally watched this. It made me like Cherry more <3 *clap for Cherry*
Ellie does seem to be a pretty positive person, even considering what was going on in her life.
Did we get an answer to the Lawrence hair question? I guess that IS her hair in confessionals, it's just been coloured to death?
I got tired of Joe's theatrical accent on DRUK but her with that cat was so sweet.

There's going to be a US one of these as well, isn't there?

There's going to be a US one of these as well, isn't there?

I wouldn’t have thought so as they never had to go on a filming break. The season 12 reunion and finale are probably the closest we’d get.

I wouldn’t have thought so as they never had to go on a filming break. The season 12 reunion and finale are probably the closest we’d get.

there’s something about how they are filming during the pandemic though, I think? I meant like a special mini-episode. Maybe it was on insta that I saw a bit of a trailer

there’s something about how they are filming during the pandemic though, I think? I meant like a special mini-episode. Maybe it was on insta that I saw a bit of a trailer

Oh actually now you mention it, I had a journalist messaging me about whether some Drag Race documentary would be broadcast in the UK yesterday, clearly thinking I was somebody else. So that would make sense...

They were given extra time to prepare. It’s not a matter of money but of taste and dedication.

I hate this argument because it's clearly nonsense. If you're crafty and make your own outfits, fine, and there is scope to get better at that in seven months but not really to go from a complete novice to producing runway-ready outfits overnight. But EVEN THEN, money is required for drag!

The show has always focused on looks, so whether there’s a pandemic or famine, you’re still expected to present something more than what looks like a simple H&M outfit.

To be fair I've never got the impression they were expected to SERVE LEWKS in the challenges until recently. In fact they usually look so OFF THE RACK that I assumed the show's costume department provided them.

I was underwhelmed by this; how can the fact half of them came back from lockdown with new faces be ignored?

Oh actually now you mention it, I had a journalist messaging me about whether some Drag Race documentary would be broadcast in the UK yesterday, clearly thinking I was somebody else. So that would make sense...

I spotted the picture again

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom