AH AH AH
Pronouns
He/Him
From Reddit, these are the assumed queens for Season 3, which is filming now
I believe Victoria is an AFAB (assigned female at birth) queen

Do we have any awareness of this bunch?

Anyone North of Watford Gap:
tenor.gif

Aren't they filming in Manchester this time, too? It's not like there's a great drag scene there or anything, is it :tongueout:

I feel I probably should be familiar with River Medway given Kent surely has as many drag queens as it does gay venues (about 5), but no.

Assuming she's as messy as her name and region of choice

Looking at River Medway's insta, one of the most recent posts seems to be about recently losing her mother to covid :(

The fact that Veronica is listed as being from London could indicate a bit more diversity than it initially suggests, I suppose?

Whilst I have FAITH in the DRUK producers after the home run that is season 2, I must admit I'm a little UNDERWHELMED by that cast list.
However Instagram accounts aren't the be-all and end-all of Drag Race casting at all, and they must all have a spark on screen to make it over the quite LARGE list of amazing/big name UK queens that haven't been cast yet. It's also not exactly the most DIVERSE offering.

I know that production basically asked every single queen in London that has regular gigs to apply for season 3, so it's mad that so many London queens have made it but none of the more WELL KNOWN queens have :D

I'd also love to see some older queens in the mix. The UK has such a rich heritage of drag, it would be so nice to get our equivalent to a Vivacious or Tamisha Iman figure to tell their story. It feels like DIVINA DE CAMPO is the closest thing we've had as yet :D

I mean given that every queen is out of work right now they must have had their PICK of the UK’s queens for season 3. Season’s 1 had good casting and of course season 2 has one of the best casts EVER so I have every faith this will be solid.

I mean given that every queen is out of work right now they must have had their PICK of the UK’s queens for season 3.
True but if I were a high-grade queen I might want to sit out one more season to ensure maximum CASH AND FAME from the aftermath

Choriza May is a Spanish drag and she's in the rumoured cast of DR Spain, filming right now, how weird.

Choriza May is a Spanish drag and she's in the rumoured cast of DR Spain, filming right now, how weird.
Oh interesting! The Reddit people could have got their wires crossed with that one

To be honest, the vast majority of queens this season are London queens too... they just don’t label them as such to give an AIR of spread across the country.

Like, Tayce doesn’t live in bloody Newport anymore.

And I'm not going to get bogged down by the cast list. UK1 and UK2 are firmly in the top five DR seasons ever (see also US 5, 6 and AS2) so I have faith.

Cherry is Darlington.

I know that some of Manchester's biggest queens had an exclusivity contract with Channel 4, and I'm not sure if that is still ongoing, but get fucking Grace 'the FACE' Oni Smith on the show STAT.

Reactions: GNL
Oh we have a thread about this :)

Interesting that they seem to be going back to the original scheduling pattern, ie Sept/Oct release, or even earlier? It obviously does great business for them so might as well keep it going.

Plus the clash this year didn’t do S13 any favours :bruised:

Drama with this series already... from Reddit:

On the latest episode of Race Chaser, Willam claims that Drag Race UK Season 3 was severely rushed- they filmed one episode per DAY.

And, allegedly the queens were treated like shit. To quote Willam: "Girls got injured because they weren't given time to warm up. Girls got mistreated. Girls tried to stand up for themselves."

ALLEGEDLY, the mental health co-ordinater (a requirement of BBC reality television production) said it would be their last season on the show because what they witnessed was so bad.

Was it do with RuChelle's availability? I imagine the BBC would have been more than happy to let it take a bit longer to film.

Obviously not acceptable, but the quarantine requirements for coming in and out of Australia and the UK probably ate up his time, his schedule has seemed MANIC, and I think it’s beginning to show that he’s spread himself too THIN. (He was never the most engaged host even in the glory years)

Well I didn't think there was too much drag race before, but if the volume of seasons they're pumping out is resulting in them being rushed and rubbish, then yes - there's now too much drag race.

Willam has been in the UK doing a west end show in London with Latrice, where the rest of the cast is made up of UK drag talent. Can fully believe that he has picked up this T backstage!

The key thing to do now is impose your own Drag Race breaks. Anyone who insisted on doing Down Under only has THEMSELVES to blame given it was trailed as a horror show from the start!

As someone FROM Medway, River Medway is a terrible drag name. It's not even in the A-list of English rivers.

Obviously not acceptable, but the quarantine requirements for coming in and out of Australia and the UK probably ate up his time, his schedule has seemed MANIC, and I think it’s beginning to show that he’s spread himself too THIN. (He was never the most engaged host even in the glory years)
I agree he wasn’t the most engaged host, but recently it feels like he turned a bit of a corner and seems to genuinely be enjoying it more. Wonder why though

maybe it’s the fracking money

Medway is a place as well as a river? No idea.

Its what they call the cluster of towns (Rochester, Chatham, Gillingham etc). They tried to rebrand it to the City of Medway in the 90s/early aughts, but only succeeded in stripping Rochester of its city status after the best part of a MILLENIUM.

I bet Rochester was pissed. People here have still not got over Bristol losing county status in the 70s, even though we kind of got it back in the 90s.

My friend went to Chatham to study. She hated it. Worked out well for her career wise, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom