Dua Lipa - Levitating (ROBBED OF #1)

here it is - video later

truly garbage verse from DaBaby but at least it's short and the rest of the song is in tact. can't wait for this to smash in the US

HOW are we getting videos a year deep into the campaign THIS good? :o she is simply the most exciting popstar on the planet right now. the moment is she.

Ugh she could have at least kept a verse by MADAME on this version to get her a Hot 100 smash in 2020 :( :manson:

In retrospect, what on EARTH was the point of the Madonna collab?

Talk about a complete non-event!

the remix album was a side project to keep things alive between singles on which she wanted to work with a couple of her heroes. you can't have thought it was ever meant to top the charts? it didn't even get a physical release.

I wouldn't call it a non-event considering it spawned at least seven fucking GREAT remixes that along with the original album make Future Nostalgia the most satisfying pop girl record in years.

Great video. Obviously smaller scale and cheaper than say Physical but really well done.

DaBaby does hang around awkwardly after his verse like a fart in that lift though.

re-enters at a new peak of 30 in the UK (its previous peak was 39 around the album release). and expected around #80 on the Hot 100. also just added to Today's Top Hits and Hot Hits UK so should start to take flight. :disco:

up to 22 in the midweeks with 123k sold to date so it'll be silver certified in no time. not a bad start for a FIFTH single.

Reactions: SDF

and apparently this will get its first HOT PERF at the AMAs next month :disco: headed top 10 in the US I reckon.

Wow that video is such a lot fun to watch. She LEGIT looks much less stiff. And I really like DaBaby.

I'm a sucker for anything space-themed so that video is IT

this is #16 on US pop radio already and had a new best day of 41 on Spotify yesterday - should be headed top 30 on the Hot 100 in the next week or two. GREAT start.

also headed top 10 in the UK either this week or next.

Levitating has overthrown Miley as #1 on UK airplay

hopefully their track together overthrows Levitating in a month :disco: Dua described it as "80s glam rock"

Dua levitating all the way to the top this Christmas - she's in the Morrisons Christmas ad :disco:

WHEN WILL HER IMPACT EVER CEASE

Moves up to #29 on the Hot 100 this week. Meanwhile "Don't Start Now" goes recurrent this week after spending its 52nd week on the Hot 100 last week. :o

and top 30 on Spotify :disco:. It looks like another top ten for her eventually

she dropped a SUPERB new remix of Levitating today - very SPARKLY SPACE DISCO. I've added it to my Superfuture Nostalgia playlist

what an album. what an era. what a woman. what a STAR. what a TIME TO BE ALIVE :disco:

I didn't realise she was putting the price up and up for the live thingy. Not "going" at £13.99. Ah well, book early etc.

Top 20 is a surprise but :disco:. Maybe its shaping up to be a bigger hit than I thought

her label must be so ridiculously happy at how this campaign has played out. they've played a blinder but they've also had plenty of luck.

Don't Start Now - #2 UK (2x platinum), #2 US (3x platinum), 1.2bn streams
Physical - #3 UK (platinum), #60 US (gold), 393m streams
Break My Heart - #6 UK (gold), #13 US (platinum), 499m streams
Hallucinate (UK/EU only) - #31 UK (silver), 110m streams
Fever (FR/Be only) - #2 France, #1 Belgium, 30m streams + counting
Levitating - #10 UK (silver), #20 US - 164m streams + counting

I don't think album sales have been that huge yet but they'll catch up. It's so impressive to sustain the monentum of a campaign for 13 months+ as she has already without slowing down.

Reactions: RJN
I was very pleased by the mid this week. Pop smoke and internet money have plummeted and the top ten is almost entirely pop acts. Things looking a bit more normal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom