Dua Lipa - Levitating (ROBBED OF #1)

Maybe the first week of the first single off her new album. Or, more realistically, returning the favor and singing the chorus of a Dababy song

I don't think album sales have been that huge yet but they'll catch up. It's so impressive to sustain the monentum of a campaign for 13 months+ as she has already without slowing down.

If Liam Payne can claim back all those streams from before the album was even released as '3 million sales', she'll be fine. She must be fairly close to him on streams already, plus has actual sales, and it's clearly got a lot more in the tank left to run.

Maybe the first week of the first single off her new album. Or, more realistically, returning the favor and singing the chorus of a Dababy song

oh no, I'd rather it was a solo song instead :zombie: maybe something from the "MUCH talked about but nothing has been actually confirmed" re-release

Reactions: RJN
OMG Bad Bunny, J. Balvin and Tainy confirmed for Studio 2054, she's obviously going to do ONE DAY :disco: I'm gonna be dead by then.

the good news...

:disco:

and the bad...

the lord gives with one hand and takes with the other, I guess :(

Aww leave her alone. This is way more than most new bitches give us. And for a non-American, she's giving us a whole lot more than others, even IN 2020.

You kids show some respect! Elton John is a bonafide legend

Wish he'd ditch the pop specs, though

tumblr_mlfbh90PFv1s5rr07o1_400.gifv

Reactions: COB
up 5 spots to #5 this week :disco: Dua's fourth top 10 and third top 5 from Future Nostalgia. queen now has 11 top 10 hits (7 as lead artist, 4 collabs).

And up to 11 on US Spotify (streaming is where she does the worst).

She looks and sounds great there. This was my favorite song from the album from when I first heard it and I'm so glad its becoming such a big hit for her.

Levitating had its biggest ever streams yesterday (6 global) and Future Nostalgia had its best streams since May. :disco:

Reactions: RJN
Top 10 on US Spotify now :disco: This is so unusual for a post-album single in the streaming era, let alone from an actual popstar

despite the campaign being more than a year and counting now it's only technically her third US single and it's following two hits. but yes it's especially unusual that it's already BIGGER than Break My Heart (by chart placing at least), with top 5 or perhaps even top 3 potential.

Levitating has screamed smash since the album dropped. thank god the Karens got it right. taste!

despite the campaign being more than a year and counting now it's only technically her third US single and it's following two hits. but yes it's especially unusual that it's already BIGGER than Break My Heart (by chart placing at least), with top 5 or perhaps even top 3 potential.

Levitating has screamed smash since the album dropped. thank god the Karens got it right. taste!
Has the album done any mildly impressive numbers in the States? Or is our Dua strictly a singles artiste here?

it was just certified platinum this week, but who knows what % of that is sales. the charts are so confusing these days!

According to Music Week this week it's on 3m sales globally

No doubt it'll catch up with LP1 soon :eyes:

only 84k in the US in pure sales? :D

I know sales are in the shitter but wow. it's done more than that in the UK I'd have thought.

only 84k in the US in pure sales? :D

I know sales are in the shitter but wow. it's done more than that in the UK I'd have thought.
I think her debut did worse in a slightly healthier sales market. Her label seems to be more concerned about radio than album sales in a dying market- I don’t blame them! For comparison, Selena’s latest did 112k with a deluxe re-release package, Chromatica did 329k, and Katy did 61k! Lana did 106k with a ten year old album. QUEEN :eyes:

oh GIRLS calm it, I was just indulging in the wordplay. I text @Pipo yesterday saying she looks good with the weight! we can however acknowledge its existence.

it's not body shaming (or toxic masculinity - ?) to say someone's eating well btw.

Have we heard potential Eurovision entry from Israel that rips this off?

Coming here to post the same thing! Her three top tens are three of the best hits of the past few years imo

Her pop radio peaks are also great

Dua's Top 40/M peaks to date:

#1. "New Rules"
#1. "Don't Start Now"
#1. "Break My Heart"
#5. "Levitating"
#9. "One Kiss" (Calvin Harris & Dua Lipa)
#11. "IDGAF"
#13. "Electricity" (Silk City & Dua Lipa)
#19. "Swan Song"
#21. "Scared to Be Lonely" (Martin Garrix & Dua Lipa)
#21. "Prisoner" (Miley Cyrus featuring Dua Lipa)
#23. "Blow Your Mind (Mwah)"
#37. "Be the One"
#41. "No Lie" (Sean Paul featuring Dua Lipa)
#41. "Un Día (One Day)" (J Balvin, Dua Lipa, Bad Bunny & Tainy)

Up to #5 in NZ and Australia, new peaks in both; and #5 again midweeks in the UK.

Really has become a nice big hit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom