Dua Lipa - Future Nostalgia - THE TOUR

I think the most depressing thing about the reissue tracks is that the original album is 9/11ths homosexual anthems but these all sound like fucking H&M changing room hetero bait.

"We're Good" is nice but non-essential. The rest sounds like b-sides, which is a shame. That may have passed in 2005 etc but since The Fame Monster, Paradise, or even Cannibal, it doesn't cut it and it, feels rather unnecessary and detracts from the original album.

:( It's ok though, I'm sure Levitating will not leave the Hot 100 until May anyway so this is a nice fun for Europe curio.

Not My Problem is pretty wretched, can't imagine revisiting that very much. We're Good I like slightly more than I expected from the early reports and it does feel like a grower. My least favourite bit is when it gets a bit garbled in the second part of the chorus. However it just feels wrong as a single considering the highs left on the album and I hope these are just songs she had hanging about rather than being indicative of future directions.

That Kind of Woman is a completely different mood from the remix and she sounds great on it.

I'm all over If It Ain't Me's sequined tears and sad disco, even if the verses feel a tad too hollow. Probably the best of the bunch; I still think it would be well in the bottom half of the album proper but there's no shame in that.

If It Ain't Me is good, but Break My Heart does the same thing a million times better and this leaked a year ago so I'm not sure what the purpose is. and I'm sad because I really wanted a Love Again single release but I guess that's dead now.

We’re Good debuts at number 20 on UK Spotify and number 10 on US Spotify

If It Ain't Me is good, but Break My Heart does the same thing a million times better and this leaked a year ago so I'm not sure what the purpose is. and I'm sad because I really wanted a Love Again single release but I guess that's dead now.

Well, I wanted Love Is Religion but I guess when it comes to Dua she doesn't care what her fans want :(

Did I get a different Moonlight Edition?

06 If It Ain't Me - GREAT verses wasted on a very uncreative chorus.
07 That Kind of Woman - I suspect this will grow on me. I just wish she had a slightly better voice :D
04 Not My Problem - I was ready to start excusing this because the verses are interesting, but WTF at that chorus. So grating.

Poor Love Again even got paid dust at Studio 2054 :(

I'm glad we got If It Ain't Me as a bonus but of all the extra tracks I think That Kind of Woman is the one most worthy of the original album. It totally fits the Future Nostalgia vibe but doesn't sound like anything else on there. Those thick synths in the chorus too :disco:

I don't like her voice on any of the new songs. She sounds more enhanced and mixed than usual. I mean I know she's no Ariana or Gaga but there's no energy or personality in her vocal. That's the main thing for me as the songs aren't that bad. Nothing amazing, but its the vocal that spoils it for me.

I don't like her voice on any of the new songs. She sounds more enhanced and mixed than usual. I mean I know she's no Ariana or Gaga but there's no energy or personality in her vocal. That's the main thing for me as the songs aren't that bad. Nothing amazing, but its the vocal that spoils it for me.

Part of the charm on her earlier singles (Be The One, Last Dance) was her not so processed voice IMHO, with flaws and audible cracking. :(

her debut album era vox were shit. Future Nostalgia was such a glow up.

I like this, its different for her but I am here for the Gwen Stefani sound, at least for one single!
It's quite amusing because REET ORAHHH is so trying to sound Dua on that new single she's plopped out, whereas this sounds like it could have been a poppy REET single - see something like Poison

We're Good has flopped. Surprise! Love Again is the new single in France so hopefully video and proper global push soon.

DON'T be afraid of your freedom

I will confess to a minor FRISSON OF THRILL at the return of the blonde :disco: (shot ages ago obviously)

eb538a1e9d3fea5df57de85f8fdba3cc.gif

Last edited:
medley

Love Again
Physical
Pretty Please
Hallucinate
Don’t Start Now
Future Nostalgia

the gays WON. but no Levitating? :D

bodes well for that big Love Again push :disco:

The scale of the performance was really cool

I don't see what others see in Dua herself in terms of charisma, talent or performance ability but I'm clearly in the minority :wink:

She’s not the most inherently charismatic person, or a natural performer, but she’s really working on it and it seems like she really wants to be a popstar. That’s part of the appeal, for me at least

Reactions: GNL
The problem is she doesn't seem to possess any of the key star qualities: vocals, dance or personality. A shame because the music is so good.

The problem is she doesn't seem to possess any of the key star qualities: vocals, dance or personality. A shame because the music is so good.

I think songs really do come first though. There are lots of people with great vocals, dancing and personality or a combination of at least two of them, but if they don't have great songs I couldn't give a crap. It happens a lot with me when I see stars of my fav stage musicals record their own Pop albums which mostly turn out to be average at best, despite their immense talent elsewhere.

I think songs really do come first though. There are lots of people with great vocals, dancing and personality or a combination of at least two of them, but if they don't have great songs I couldn't give a crap. It happens a lot with me when I see stars of my fav stage musicals record their own Pop albums which mostly turn out to be average at best, despite their immense talent elsewhere.
Yes and no. She's just not a star. End of.

I don't really care what she does or doesn't bring on stage. The tunes are fucking amazing.
I don't disagree and I have 4 copies of Future Nostalgia. I just wouldn't want to see her live, that's all.

I liked her concert thing in December. I think she'd put on a good show. And I really really want her to be number one on billboard this week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom