Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Diddy

愛してるって 言わなきゃ殺す
Just revisiting this tonight, wasn't this the highest grossing film of all time at one point?

I feel like I must have watched this when I was a kid, but I don’t have any particular nostalgia about it. I revisited it again as a jaded 20-something and thought it was cloying and rubbish. Now as a less jaded 30-something I haven’t really changed my mind.

maybe it’s just of its time, but I didn’t feel anything. It’s internal logic was iffy, some of the dialogue from the big bad government was hopeless. The main three child actors were solid though.

I remember the excitement of the film being released as a child. It was such a massive event - definitely like nothing I was aware of before. As an 11 or 12 year old I would have absolutely rated it a 10.

I then took one of my nieces to see the 20 anniversary reissue many years later (well presumably about 20 years :D), and I recall feeling quite upset at her 'yeah, it was alright' attitude.

It certainly isn't a film like Mary Poppins, Wizard Of Oz, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang or Willy Wonka that I will happily stop everything for when they pop up on TV myself though. It feels like something I've got a lot of nostalgia for, but no real desire to revisit.

Absolutely traumatised me as a child and I will never watch it again :D

I was 6 and it was the first film I saw at the cinema. To this day the bmx scene gives me goosebumps and I'm not even sure why. Particularly when Elliot takes off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom