Eastenders 2019

Has Jean always smoked? I can only ever recall seeing Dot and Karen having a sly cigarette.

GOOD RIDDANCE.

I know being MISERABLE is a bit of a Slater trait but there was nothing redeeming about her whatsoever.

They seem to have done a complete U turn with Ben. He was the polar opposite to the son Phil would have wanted. He has gone from a camp, half deaf ballet dancer to a masculine grade A gangster. Makes you wonder why they bothered in the first place?

It's ridiculous. Why bring in a character with a completely different personality? They could have just made him a new character.

I wouldn’t have minded a small fight with Sonia thrown in just for starters.

What’s the general consensus on this in terms of watchability? I’ve been on a long hiatus but considering getting back on board.

I gave up at the start of last year. I watched at Christmas and enjoyed, however I watched the other day at it was fucking rubbish.

I think it's been at a pretty consistent level of decent-to-good for the past couple of months, with the exception of new Ben who just feels totally misjudged. Kathy is currently looking into opening a new business, which is rumoured to be the much-mooted gay bar :o

Karen is easily the best character right now.

I stopped watching last January after finally giving up with all the Danny Dyer/heist rubbish but I really liked Karen pretty much from her introduction. Might jump back in this week.

Just catching up on tonight... that "I smell queer" scene was ridiculous! Ben making Emperor Palpatine faces while using his gay telepathic powers :D

VERY into this EVIL GAY Ben and Halfway storyline :D I didn’t see it coming AT ALL

Also Kathy’s gay bar is generally quite amusing also, particularly when Tina acted like she’d won the X Factor when she asked her to manage it :D (+ of course the iconic Kim scene mentioned above)

Also can somebody pls KILL BEX

Bex spinning on the spot and babbling when they found her yesterday was a real low point - and where the hell was she supposed to be? I half expected a Dalek to loom round the corner when she was running from the mysterious hooded figure. And why did Stuart know she'd be there? So many mysteries...

Also, the new Ben is actually like a PROPER young, gay version of Phil.

It’s a shame it took them four goes to get it right but I do think there was only so much mileage they could get out of Ben being a nice-but-accidental-murderer character.

The whole Bex storyline was an anticlimax. And this halfway storyline is a bit out of no where too.

The whole Bex storyline was an anticlimax. And this halfway storyline is a bit out of no where too.

Isn’t Ben already secretly seeing someone as well?

Is “Benway” a thing on Digital Spy yet?

I did not see that coming. Halfway holding Ben up against the wall, and then Ben making noises like he was climaxing, followed by him saying “I smell queer” was a real WTF moment.

The Ben/Halfway storyline has literally come from nowhere but I LOVE IT :horny:

Can somebody please help me with what the connection is between Mariam, Arshad, Habiba, Isra, and Adam?

Mariam and Arshad are the girls' grandparents. Adam was one of their foster kids

I must have missed the entrance stories. So do Mariam and Arshad own the restaurant, or does it belong to Max Branning? :confused:

To be fair they didn't really explain the relation, they kinda just arrived. But they call them dadi and dadha which is what you call your dad's parents!

Masood sold his half of the restaurant to Max, Ian still owns the other half. The girls are Masood's nieces, so that's how they got in the restaurant.

OMG @ this story :D

“A video at the event showed Jessie wiping her face while miming to a Rihanna song, before pulling funny faces.”

https://www.theSTOP FUNDING HATE/tvandshowbiz/9390237/eastenders-jessie-wallace-rant-gay-club/

Essentially “Kat Slater has a night out”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom