Eastenders 2021

How the hell did Gray and Kheerat get out??
A8834D51-1FC3-4A4A-88DF-88A8E6DCB9E6.png

Also can somebody remind me what Sharon’s beef with Janine is? I didn’t think they were in it together all that much before and when they were I can’t remember any major run-ins…

Eastenders has been OUTSTANDING this week. Long live our saviour JANINE.

I wonder if there'll be much overlap between her and Ruby? I want a hot confrontation featuring the REVEAL of the deleted CCTV video from the club :disco:

Is Ruby going to go down for growing the weed? What a FABULOUS piece of karma if she does.

Jean, Stacey and even Martin were fantastic tonight. Jean talking to the microphone and ending it with “Your Honour” :S

Also have they quietly changed Gray's backstory? I seem to recall something about him having grown up in care when he first appeared... either way, I enjoyed the scene with his dad (I was half expecting Gray to shove a pillow over his face at one point though :o)

Are we supposed to feel sorry for fishwife Stacey? I only really ever dip in now and then but TEAM RUBY all the way.

Also what was the point with Janine? These scriptwriters clearly don't know how to write for her.

Ruby is DREADFUL. Martin still hasn’t found out about the first fake pregnancy. Isn’t the ultrasound in a frame somewhere where she folded it over to hide the woman’s name she stole it from?

Ruby framed her!

She framed poor INNOCENT STACEY who has literally gotten away with murder herself you mean? Stacey Slater is just a gobby misery guts as are the rest of that despicable clan. Clearly the producers/scriptwriters want you to feel empathy for her but the writing is so terrible that it has the opposite effect.

Hopefully Janine will TAKE HER OUT once and for all.

Last edited:
Oh and Martin Fowler is a DRIP and the actor has as much talent as a leaky FAUCET.

I can’t believe anyone is sticking up for Ruby. She’s a terrible character played by a bad actress. At least Lacey Turner can act.

At least Lacey Turner can act.

Oh you are having a laugh aren't you? Between playing the simpering victim and a gobby mare there doesn't appear to be much else in her arsenal of thespian skills. The scene in the prison was embarrassing.

Oh I've always loved Lacey Turner as an actress! They don't give her as much good stuff as I'd like, but her scenes with Jean are always a treat and I thought she was brilliant during all the stuff when Sean returned (to give a recent-ish example). The big problem with Stacey recently has been that unavoidable real-life events have had her disappear for two long stints in quick succession, and the writers definitely did push her a bit too far towards the fishwife end of the spectrum to facilitate those storylines. I'm hoping when she returns she gets something interesting to do, she's definitely wasted when they just have her being a mum (giving younger female soap characters TOO MANY KIDS is another pet hate of mine :tongueout:)

Oh you are having a laugh aren't you? Between playing the simpering victim and a gobby mare there doesn't appear to be much else in her arsenal of thespian skills. The scene in the prison was embarrassing.
Madness. Again, RUBY over her? She says her lines like she’s a slow reader being forced to read a paragraph in front of the class at school.

Watching TOTP 1991 at the moment and Ruby’s acting reminds me of Sophie Lawrence as Diane Butcher.

I don't think Ruby's a bad actress, but I do think it's a bit of a shame that they went down the route that they did with her - I liked it when she was in an open relationship with Max and wasn't interested in marriage or kids, that genuinely felt quite refreshing for a soap character!

Where did I say the acting was better? The character is just more likeable and far less abrasive. As a character, you really can't get more unlikeable than Stacey Slater - though I'm aware that is largely due to the terrible writing.

If only Bradley was still with us, he'd have kept her on the straight and narrow :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom