Eastenders 2021

Star

Homo Secretary (OB)
Sharon must have agreed to sell to save Phils skin. I can’t wait until she finds out he has been sleeping with Kat.

I wouldn’t bet on it. Stacey must be about ready to go off on maternity leave again so no doubt she will create MERRY HELL for Ruby before she goes.

But Phil knew he was safe as he held up the USB with the evidence on it?!

Ellie

Super talented triple threat
I’m confused over what Max had over Phil as I probably wasn’t paying enough attention. He got everything from Jack’s computer, right? So what did he contribute that the police didn’t already know?

Star

Homo Secretary (OB)
But what is the mystery illness? :o I think something along the lines of mental health.

COB

honk
Yeah, I got the vibe he had possibly been sectioned in the past?

There was a time when Kim, Zainab, Jean and Mo were all in the show together that their comedy offer was probably the best it’s been - notably they’ve never seemed to get it right with the male cast, with characters like Garry and Minty just coming across as pathetic. The less said about Alfie the better.

I think that was also the era with Aunt Sal and Suzy Branning delivering amazing one-liners, plus Roxy and Christian were providing some camp fun and young Ben was at his most memeable.

Lest we forget Heather!

Rita

User
Oh I LOVED HEATHER TROTT. The partnership between her and Shirley was FABULOUS.

Ellie

Super talented triple threat
I caught a bit of this on accident yesterday. Disappointed to see they’re still trying for comedy moments despite 35 years worth of evidence that they never work.
They do work, just the characters who were at the heart of them aren’t here any more. Look back at any scene with Ethel and Dot.

Pingu

Noot noot
I do really enjoy Denise and Kim as a pairing - Denise’s comedy timing as the straight woman is really underrated and they have great chemistry.

I like Karen too but I think she works because she gets given meaty dramatic material too, and where the show doesn’t quite work is when they try and have characters who are there purely for comic relief as it can feel a bit jarring. It isn’t Corrie.

Reactions: COB

COB

honk
Yes, my favourite 'funny' character at the moment is probably Rainie - who gets plenty of dramatic stuff too - so I think I prefer a good balance.

Rita

User
Eastenders gives all of their characters some great one liners. They don’t seem to just leave it to certain characters to produce comedy moments. The likes of Rainie is a brilliant dramatic actress when given the material, but also has great versatility to be a fantastic comic actress.

Rita

User
I of course will never watch it again as I cried like a baby watching it, and still get quite teary eyed even thinking of it now. :(

Rita

User
I could see that coming a mile off. Is Stacey leaving next week?

Rita

User
I wish Whitney would stop dying her hair red. She is so much prettier with her dark hair.

Rita

User
Who was the little girl Ruby was looking after? Stacey only has 2 kids, doesn’t she? :confused:

COB

honk
That was Hope, her daughter with Martin - I think that's the first time we've seen her played by a toddler rather than a baby.

COB

honk
The Martin and Ruby scene was very sad, but OMG at her wanting to call the baby Lulu :o

Rita

User
OMG is Stacey going to jail?? Would be a good way to get rid of her until Lacey Turner is finished Maternity leave.

COB

honk
Poor old Bronson :( It might have been more impactful if he'd been on screen at all since the show returned from lockdown, but still!

Rita

User
OK, I take it back. I thought SHE was the drugs lord but it looks like domestic abuse.

Rita

User
She has just gone from -1 to 11 in 10 minutes.

WHY AM I SO FICKLE?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom