Eastenders 2021

Sharon must have agreed to sell to save Phils skin. I can’t wait until she finds out he has been sleeping with Kat.

I wouldn’t bet on it. Stacey must be about ready to go off on maternity leave again so no doubt she will create MERRY HELL for Ruby before she goes.

But Phil knew he was safe as he held up the USB with the evidence on it?!

I’m confused over what Max had over Phil as I probably wasn’t paying enough attention. He got everything from Jack’s computer, right? So what did he contribute that the police didn’t already know?

But what is the mystery illness? :o I think something along the lines of mental health.

I caught a bit of this on accident yesterday. Disappointed to see they’re still trying for comedy moments despite 35 years worth of evidence that they never work.

There was a time when Kim, Zainab, Jean and Mo were all in the show together that their comedy offer was probably the best it’s been - notably they’ve never seemed to get it right with the male cast, with characters like Garry and Minty just coming across as pathetic. The less said about Alfie the better.

I think that was also the era with Aunt Sal and Suzy Branning delivering amazing one-liners, plus Roxy and Christian were providing some camp fun and young Ben was at his most memeable.

Lest we forget Heather!

Oh I LOVED HEATHER TROTT. The partnership between her and Shirley was FABULOUS.

I caught a bit of this on accident yesterday. Disappointed to see they’re still trying for comedy moments despite 35 years worth of evidence that they never work.
They do work, just the characters who were at the heart of them aren’t here any more. Look back at any scene with Ethel and Dot.

I do really enjoy Denise and Kim as a pairing - Denise’s comedy timing as the straight woman is really underrated and they have great chemistry.

I like Karen too but I think she works because she gets given meaty dramatic material too, and where the show doesn’t quite work is when they try and have characters who are there purely for comic relief as it can feel a bit jarring. It isn’t Corrie.

Reactions: COB
Yes, my favourite 'funny' character at the moment is probably Rainie - who gets plenty of dramatic stuff too - so I think I prefer a good balance.

Eastenders gives all of their characters some great one liners. They don’t seem to just leave it to certain characters to produce comedy moments. The likes of Rainie is a brilliant dramatic actress when given the material, but also has great versatility to be a fantastic comic actress.

I of course will never watch it again as I cried like a baby watching it, and still get quite teary eyed even thinking of it now. :(

I could see that coming a mile off. Is Stacey leaving next week?

I of course will never watch it again as I cried like a baby watching it, and still get quite teary eyed even thinking of it now. :(
Omg, I literally went into mourning for a couple of weeks when Ethel died.

I wish Whitney would stop dying her hair red. She is so much prettier with her dark hair.

Who was the little girl Ruby was looking after? Stacey only has 2 kids, doesn’t she? :confused:

That was Hope, her daughter with Martin - I think that's the first time we've seen her played by a toddler rather than a baby.

The Martin and Ruby scene was very sad, but OMG at her wanting to call the baby Lulu :o

OMG is Stacey going to jail?? Would be a good way to get rid of her until Lacey Turner is finished Maternity leave.

Poor old Bronson :( It might have been more impactful if he'd been on screen at all since the show returned from lockdown, but still!

OK, I take it back. I thought SHE was the drugs lord but it looks like domestic abuse.

She has just gone from -1 to 11 in 10 minutes.

WHY AM I SO FICKLE?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom