Easy weeknight dinners

Jark

User
what are your go-tos?

I particularly love a straightforward veggie pasta dish (eg. meatball in butternut squash sauce, usually lashed with parmesan), but today I did duck pancakes with runner beans which was so quick and honestly has turned my whole day around. all bad energies have been EXPELLED and all I feel is JOY. very low-cal too!

20201228-181701-01.jpg

recommend a quick weeknight dinner!

Your easy week night dinner is more complicated than anything I ever make, weekday or weekend :D

Funny enough I was thinking last night what a dreadful cook I am. I just hate it so much that I only want quick easy dinners. The past week we've been eating utter rubbish, so I did make the effort to make stir fry last night.

I cook pretty much every day and I can't remember! my brain is stir fried

but it's going to be veggie January 'round here so I need to get prepping

did you make the pancakes yourself, Jark? it looks delicious. I'd give mine a lashing of hoisin :horny:

Funny enough I was thinking last night what a dreadful cook I am. I just hate it so much that I only want quick easy dinners. The past week we've been eating utter rubbish, so I did make the effort to make stir fry last night.

Stir fry an effort? It's one of the easiest things you can make!

I buy those packets of microwave rice and use them to make instant special fried rice - takes 2 mins in the wok and you can bung in any old leftovers and some soy sauce.

Much quicker than boiling up rice. Nigella does it!

Another quick one that always impresses is crab linguine. Just buy a jar of tomato and chilli sauce and stir in a tin of crab meat, sprinkle with cheese, DONE.

Smoked salmon and scrambled eggs on toast is another go to for me in the week. Scramble the eggs in a pan then add chopped up smoked salmon or trout at the last minute and a handful of chopped chives. Serve on hot buttered toast or muffins with some avocado slices on the side and a wedge of lemon. Easy and no fuss.

I hate cooking so much. And I absolutely adore toast. I think it’s my favourite food ever.

You can’t beat a good old jacket potato smothered with beans and cheese or tuna mayo.

did you make the pancakes yourself, Jark? it looks delicious. I'd give mine a lashing of hoisin :horny:
no, I draw the line at doing my own pancakes :D funnily enough my Brazilian housemate has some superquick recipe for making similarly thin pancakes in a pan, it's like a Brazilian dish that I might try and use for duck pancakes in future. but making the proper Asian pancakes yourself seems like it's probably HASSLE! girl I'm booked and busy!

thank GOD for hoisin sauce yes.

SOUP

1x onion + 3x garlic
1x red pepper
Add stock (2x tbsp Swiss bouillon)
1x broccoli
1x courgette
Add several slugs soy sauce, 1 tbsp Marmite, 1 tbsp Lea & Perrins (optional), + salt and pepper to taste
Leave to simmer for 10mins - an hour depending on how hurried you are
1x tin of butter beans
Handful or two of spinach to wilt
Blitz with hand blender

VOILA

I wouldn’t call that very SIMPLE!

My go to is just a chicken breast (fried in butter) bulgur wheat (cooked with a chicken/vegetable stock cube) and kale (fried with a bit of salt/lemon)

Hearty, only requires 3 ingredients minus the seasonings, and takes about 15 mins.

I hate salads. not filling and take so much effort to prepare. FUCK SALADS!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom