Edinburgh

Mats

User
we have a few Edinburghers here, do we not? going with the family Thursday-Saturday this week and then just me and ma boi for one night next week

where would be the best place to get cocktails? preferably cosy and relaxed, might even say hipster or gentrified, but not fancy

I also love pastries

TA! :scotland:

Oh god so many places

Popular places for groups that are central include The Refinery which is opposite St Andrews Square, so that might be a place to take the fam. Lots of places to eat around that way too. Check out Dishoom (right beside it) for breakfast.

I really like Hoot the Redeemer for dates. It’s also central and just off of princes street. They serve alcoholic slushes, lots of cocktails and boozy ice cream. So lots to talk about.

If you’re going down Leith way, check out the Mousetrap which has been designed like the board game. Or some of the bars in or around the shore are nice too.

If your family are in to gin then the jolly botanist is a nice bar, it’s near Haymarket end of town.

And if you guys get a nice day, make sure to get down to Portobello for a day at the beach. Try Bros Bagels for lunch (Porkin’ chick is to die for). You’ll also find a lovely place for cakes called the Beach House on the sea front or twelve triangles on the high street do a lovely doughnut.

Last edited:
many thanks, all great suggestions! I imagine we won't go thirsty to bed. especially that gin diner will be right up my father-in-law's street

none of us are beachy people, and I for one am praying for what it looks like now on the forecast: mild and cloudy

I would not mind replacing the sole female of the group with a sheikha like yourself :disco:

have you no holiday planned this year?

Have a great time! I never know what's good in Edinburgh so don't have many suggestions, but you'll love it :love:

Have a great time! I never know what's good in Edinburgh so don't have many suggestions, but you'll love it :love:

I bet we will! it looks beautiful. we'll be making a day tour to Glasgow as well. I might suggest lunch or dinner at Singl-End, that's the only place I remember, but if you have a suitable alternative...

What a HOLE that was :D
Oh UNDOUBTEDLY.

BACK IN MY DAY we'd start the evening at PLANET OUT for what would nowadays be called 'pre-DRINKS' (:zombie: ) followed by a bit of a DANCE at CC's and rounding it all up at (what I think was called) EGO across the road :disco:

CCs still around :D

It’s really the only place you can have a big old gay dance in

I didn’t know you lived in Edinburgh previously @Suedey

Last edited:
You don’t need Grindr in CCs that’s for sure :disco:

I'd take that more as a compliment rather than a threat personally :D

I loved CCBlooms but it was midweek so I don't know if it was the full experience. I'm presuming there's a whole other part that just opens up?

When have all you gays been visiting Edinburgh and not inviting me :angry:

Edinburgh is beautiful and we had an amazing evening feast last night at Dishoom. bless you, @SDF

when the two of us go back alone it'll Panda for drinks and dinner at Scran & Scallie. FOOD UP!

Reactions: SDF
Dishoom is amazing! If you’re around get there for breakfast as I’d say it’s even better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom