Elizabeth Taylor DEAD

The highlight of that Louis Theroux Westboro documentary was when they were showing him the protest signs and one of them held up a portrait of Liz with 'FAG ENABLER' written next to it in big letters. I hope she took it as a compliment.

Actually where is Moopy's very own FAG ENABLER Tetris Rock? I'm sure she had a screen cap of it as her avatar once. PLEASE POST IT TETRIS

Cleopatra is showing on Sky Anytime at the moment in her honour, I was just about to settle down to watch it but have seen it is FIVE HOURS AND TWENTY MINUTES LONG. No thank you!

I'm sure it is, I can't think of ANY plot that would sustain FIVE HOURS

I find it proper depressing that (a) Elizabeth Taylor was ever on twitter in the first place, and that (b) her last tweets were her talking to KIM KARDASHIAN.

i've been watching some of her more acclaimed movies lately and i have to say i quite enjoyed a few of them

i've seen:
- cleopatra (back in the day)
- the taming of the shrew (back in the day)
- who's afraid of virgina wolf
- suddenly last summer
- cat on a hot tin roof (rewatch)
- butterfield 8

would anyone recommend anything else?

It's roughly a year long, but if you've managed Cleopatra it'll feel like a short film in comparison -

b70-2993.jpg

This comment from that picture gallery on the Daily Youknowwhat site made me laugh

She reminds me of a lot of girls at the mall. All look beautiful with lots of makeup. You get married.... I hate to see them without makeup in the morning lying next to you. It's kind of scary for men you know.... Is this causing all the divorces???

Damn the women of today not being considerate enough to apply their make-up before their husbands awake of a morning.

i get what they mean though, i'd rather a girl who looks gorgeous in lip gloss and a bit of mascara than someone who has to draw her eyebrows altogether
not that i'm marriage material

Inspired by the late great Christian in the 'John Barry DEAD' thread, i had this on last night courtesy of spotify -

tumblr_liitoizWrR1qceysio1_400.jpg

It's odd as fuck but i did like it. It's terribly atmospheric. I found it strangely reminiscent of the 1950s london you get at the beginning of the original 101 Dalmations for some reason. Liz doesn't actually sing on it mind you, which i was expecting, but i guess her popping up and reciting various historical speeches is far more fabulous.

HOORAH for Elizabeth Taylor In London :D

I really quite like it - SWEEPING BARRY STRINGS and the DULCET TONES of the NUMBER ONE VIOLET-EYED MEGASTAR IN THE GAME really is a glorious combo

GOD BLESS LIZ

To the Cleopatra nay sayers, I'd say it's definitely worth a watch over the course of a couple of evenings. The (unbelievable amounts of) cash is completely up there on screen and it is fabulously well plotted.

Spare an hour for the making of documentary on the DVD - it's quite incredible this thing made it to screen at all. My favourite moment is where all the sets get torn down and rebuilt six months later because the shadows aren't authentic enough :disco:

Plus LA LIZ earning her to that point unheard of ONE MILLION DOLLAR salary makes for FABULOUS SHENANIGANS

i've been watching some of her more acclaimed movies lately and i have to say i quite enjoyed a few of them

i've seen:
- cleopatra (back in the day)
- the taming of the shrew (back in the day)
- who's afraid of virgina wolf
- suddenly last summer
- cat on a hot tin roof (rewatch)
- butterfield 8

would anyone recommend anything else?

A Place in the Sun!! It's probably her best film.

gracias for the suggestions

also that album sounds fabulous

http://i.STOP FUNDING HATE.co.uk/i/pix/2011/04/01/article-1372513-0B4E055A00000578-693_634x631.jpg

Fabulous: Liz Taylor aged 24 in the photograph she gave to third husband Michael Todd. The picture was taken by one of her closest friends, actor and photographer Roddy McDowall

I won't link to the article as it's YKW.

Last edited:
Oh LOVES you're missing the LIZ T tribute on BBC2 RIGHT NOW

GAY UP

It was rather wasn't it?

Although WHAT is going on with LIZA MINNELLI? (it's the eternal question I know)

Unfortunately a lot of talking was done over it, so I'll need to watch it again, but my god at her performance in Who's Afraid of Virginia Wolf? She was absolutely everything. What. A. Woman. My guess is the husband was a gay homosexual, no? And I just loved the camera angles, editing and lighting. It was just marvelous and I felt so bad for her. And the dialogue. I wish I had seen this before having some final screamathons with a narcissist ex, it really would have came in handy. Oh bless her. I was watching her on 90s talk shows a while back and she did genuinely seem nice.

Unfortunately a lot of talking was done over it, so I'll need to watch it again, but my god at her performance in Who's Afraid of Virginia Wolf? She was absolutely everything. What. A. Woman. My guess is the husband was a gay homosexual, no? And I just loved the camera angles, editing and lighting. It was just marvelous and I felt so bad for her. And the dialogue. I wish I had seen this before having some final screamathons with a narcissist ex, it really would have came in handy. Oh bless her. I was watching her on 90s talk shows a while back and she did genuinely seem nice.

One of my favourite films of all time. She is incredible in it.

I also love her in ...Hot Tin Roof. The accent is a bit off but she captured the VIBE, and she and Newman might well be the most beautiful onscreen couple of all time.

Also clearly a GOOD EGG for all she did during the AIDS crisis.

I watched The Mirror Crack’d a couple of weeks ago and it is an absolute galaxy of stars (Taylor, Rock Hudson, Kim Novak, Angela Lansbury, Edward Fox) - still holds up very well.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom