Ella Henderson - Take Care of You

VoR

Take it or leave it
New solo single from the queen of features. Quite nice in a bland sort of way. I don't know why I find myself rooting for her, but I do.

It’s nice enough. i was shocked to see one of her other recent solo outings “Friends” has 12.8 million streams, how?!

I really like her voice and glad she’s been able to have some success.

This is nice and feels more commercial than the stuff on the EP last year.

After a few listens this is really sticking. I think is going to be huge over the Summer. A total copy of Symphony though.

I can see this being huge too, and I’m here for it.

it's showing as having been streamed 223k times since it went up on Friday, but it has yet to crack the UK Spotify 200, where the lowest ranked song has 50,000 streams.

Between that and her last EP going over 12 million, I'm really intrigued to discover which non-UK market Ella Henderson is surprisingly popular in.

it's showing as having been streamed 223k times since it went up on Friday, but it has yet to crack the UK Spotify 200, where the lowest ranked song has 50,000 streams.

Between that and her last EP going over 12 million, I'm really intrigued to discover which non-UK market Ella Henderson is surprisingly popular in.

She was #178 on Spotify yesterday with 49k streams

Is it surprising she only managed that (and then dropped out) considering she's the first track on the New Music Friday UK playlist?

Yeah, being the first track on New Music Friday must have helped her a lot.

This is pretty good. I am here for what is one of the most random comebacks of recent years. Did not peg Ella Henderson down to being one of 2020's dance diva's but good on her.

This climbs from 68-55 this week. Up to #125 on Spotify, and it was added to the Radio 1 Playlist.

Good for her.

Reactions: SDF
I think she also did her first TV performance of the song as well during the week, glad that it's gaining traction.

Poor IGNORED ELLA may well have one of the songs of the summer on her hands here. I know it doesn’t actually SOUND like her, but it was written with her FAIR HANDS.

Can she really be a 'Queen of Features' if she doesn't get one?

It's a CHOICE not to get a feature. Particularly if she wrote it.

But then I guess if she wrote it, she's getting the COIN regardless :disco:

It's a CHOICE not to get a feature. Particularly if she wrote it.

But then I guess if she wrote it, she's getting the COIN regardless :disco:

So it would have been her choice that her name doesn’t appear on it? Why would she do that? Artistic integrity?

So it would have been her choice that her name doesn’t appear on it? Why would she do that? Artistic integrity?

No idea. There may be record label pressure. It seems odd if she's both co-written and featured on it not to take a credit though. Particularly when she's still very much re-establishing herself. Making everyone aware you're having proper hits seems sensible.

Take Care Of You has had ten weeks on the chart bubbling around the 50s and 60s. Mind you, that's probably well on the way to silver status these days.

Interestingly Wikipedia doesn’t have her as a songwriter for Lighter. :confused:

No idea. There may be record label pressure. It seems odd if she's both co-written and featured on it not to take a credit though. Particularly when she's still very much re-establishing herself. Making everyone aware you're having proper hits seems sensible.

Is it maybe to do with the other artists? To be honest I don't know who either of them are, but given its success they seem big as streaming forces, whereas maybe their labels still see Ella as slightly uncool or something?

Oh I quite like that chav tastic song

I can also see why she’s not credited on jt

Went to see her tonight in Shepherd’s Bush and while she found time to get the crowd going with all of her anonymous dance track features, she didn’t bother to do this! :evil:

I knew I shouldn’t have given her a second chance after the Tory conference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom