Ella Henderson & Tom Grennan - Let's Go Home Together

VoR

Take it or leave it
Is Ella finally going to get another hit? This is #1 on iTunes, presumably off the back of a Graham Norton performance. It seems like the kind of thing that'd do well...

I don't hate it, and I still root for her for some reason - probably just because she keeps on plugging away!

The GRAHAM NORTON EFFECT strikes again

I was expecting more. It’s kind of just THERE. Maybe it will grow...

I happened upon this when I caught the end of Graham Norton the other night. I'd rather another basic dance banger but I thought at the time this would likely have a mass appeal.

Ella said in the chat afterwards that she wrote it with James Arthur and it had been hanging around for four years or something. She also said something along the lines that she had Fairytale of New York in mind when writing it.

this has all the ingredients of being a random GP targeted smasha.

- the way the rhymes in the verses aren't what you expect
- the way the chorus sounds like Too Little Too Late
- ballad-esque despite being jangly midtempo
- quirky/throaty "authentic" male vox
- zero chemistry

Let's Go Home Together said STRAIGHT RIGHTS! I'm predicting a TOP TEN for Ms Ella and Unknown Man.

this has all the ingredients of being a random GP targeted smasha.

- the way the rhymes in the verses aren't what you expect
- the way the chorus sounds like Too Little Too Late
- ballad-esque despite being jangly midtempo
- quirky/throaty "authentic" male vox
- zero chemistry

Let's Go Home Together said STRAIGHT RIGHTS! I'm predicting a TOP TEN for Ms Ella and Unknown Man.
Unknown man?! Tom Grennan is probably bigger than her!

It really does sound like Too Little Too Late and after some of the great dance stuff she’s been on it makes sense that this would probably end up being her next biggest hit :rolleyes:

I couldn't give a flying duck about Ella Henderson, but Tom Grennan has been a LONG TIME celebrity crush of mine, even though he sings likes he's having a particularly difficult time clearing out DOWNSTAIRS :D

He's definitely been on the Radio 2 playlist a few times, not that I can remember how they go now.

#21 in midweeks. May have a shot at top 40 which is nice for them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom