Elliot Page - I’m trans!

I've read that they're not your preferred pronouns (as that makes it sound like you're fine either way), instead they are your pronouns.

Yeah - I get that. It's kind of ASKING when you have the right to DEMAND it.

I think I'm going to go down the cwej route of just stating it directly after my name.

Reactions: RJN
Yeah - I get that. It's kind of ASKING when you have the right to DEMAND it.

I think I'm going to go down the cwej route of just stating it directly after my name.

Thats a much better way to word it.

That's what I do for mine. I also added it to my Instagram, which felt kind of silly, but I think more people (including teenagers) will see it there anyway.

I'm frankly not that attached either to my gender pronouns. Some of you call me MADMOISELLE and I LIKE that.

How non-binary does that make me?

I do like @cwej's way, it just looks more normal, not drawing attention to it, it's just stating what it is.

It's equivalent to preceding your name with Mr or Mrs or Miss, to designate a bit more info about yourself, that might be useful. These days knowledge of whether you are married or not is kinda unnecessary and outdated, but knowledge of your gender is pertinent and useful to be aware of I think.

And while I couldn't really give a fuck what people call me, the reason for putting my pronouns is not to help me, but to help those who might need statement of gender to be normalised by cis people, to help trans people feel more comfortable stating theirs.

And while I couldn't really give a fuck what people call me, the reason for putting my pronouns is not to help me, but to help those who might need statement of gender to be normalised by cis people, to help trans people feel more comfortable stating theirs.

Thank you - I was just dealing in my own thoughts of thinking 'I don't really care either' and then somehow thinking I was therefore trivialising the issue for people for who it's a far more important issue personally, and that has answered it nicely.

Thank you - I was just dealing in my own thoughts of thinking 'I don't really care either' and then somehow thinking I was therefore trivialising the issue for people for who it's a far more important issue personally, and that has answered it nicely.

That's how I've explained it to the couple of people that have asked me about it. No-one has asked in a negative or accusatory way - they're just interested to know the point.

I do get that element, but if you're normalising the pigeonholing of people into categories, then what about people who genuinely don't want to be pigeonholed? Aren't you isolating them?

I am deliberately being a bit contrary, but i have considered it as a possibility and would be interested in the answer.

I do get that element, but if you're normalising the pigeonholing of people into categories, then what about people who genuinely don't want to be pigeonholed? Aren't you isolating them?

I am deliberately being a bit contrary, but i have considered it as a possibility and would be interested in the answer.

I think that's the point though. You don't wanna be pigeonholed? Put 'He/She/They' - all the things you're happy to be called.

Elliot with one t on the cover of TIME

Ewm-XG-r-Uc-Ac-Fr0-V.jpg

EwmZY2vWYAAW929

EwmZY2tW8AAxEb3

EwmZY2tWEAETGnu

Hollywood's TWINK INVASION continues apace :disco:

Reactions: dUb
It's equivalent to preceding your name with Mr or Mrs or Miss, to designate a bit more info about yourself, that might be useful. These days knowledge of whether you are married or not is kinda unnecessary and outdated, but knowledge of your gender is pertinent and useful to be aware of I think.

As a counter to this, I really think that in most instances there is little need for titles. I really loathe the gender neutral title that most people use “Mx” and I honestly don’t think it is important for people to know your gender in the vast majority of official documents (there are, of course, exceptions).

I completely agree on the pronoun front. The way I would put is to just listen to trans people ... the vast majority do not feel that stating pronouns is pigeonholing. And as Cwej says, people that use more than one will state that.

I wonder if he had them added while he was there or if they're the actual result of some serious crunching.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom